Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth Match Thread

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

ok then dont mention the 3 kicks in 4 mins 

one straight to them to set up Brooks shot

one out of play

another straight to a Bournemouth head.

because he played well in other matches, is the same luxury afforded to Barnes that got 2 assists one games and lambasted the next

Steady on.... yes the kicks were poor but they cost us nothing.

Time and time again his saves since the restart have saved us big time and multiple points. 

Are you suggesting he should be dropped? 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A Vardy hat trick would just about clinch the golden boot. 

If Vardy scores a hat trick, I will personally make him a golden boot. (Not out of gold, obvs ...... as a text is a legally binding document). 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm happy with that half, think we've largely controlled the game, Bournemouth simply haven't got a jot of confidence. I think if we get an 2nd we'll run riot and stick 5/6 past them.

I just feel like we probably ought to be over a goal ahead. I cannot believe Bournemouth will be that awful again.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What's people obsession with bringing Barnes on?

We're playing well and no one's playing badly. We don't need to change it.

I agree that no one is playing badly. I think the feeling is that Bournemouth are on the ropes here and Harvey's pace might just be the key to killing them off. Iheanacho has had a quiet game.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

ok then dont mention the 3 kicks in 4 mins 

one straight to them to set up Brooks shot

one out of play

another straight to a Bournemouth head.

because he played well in other matches, is the same luxury afforded to Barnes that got 2 assists one games and lambasted the next

A miskick by a goal keeper doesn't usually cost the team a goal. But some of the saves he's made for us have been World class. He has been our best player by a country mile since restart and if someone thinks another player then it would be good to know who? 

• Like 1

Just now, Stephen Hughes said:

I’m uneasy with Bennett.

Youri and Wilf controlling the game. 

Perez popping up in dangerous positions.

Very good first half, albeit against a very poor team. We can only play the 11 in front of us.

I would say our passing as been good and we have played more direct today... had several chances scoring one... good first half just need to get that second to kill things dead 

6 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Nothings really happening for Iheanacho today. Vardy looks sharp though! I'd give Iheanacho another 10 then sub him for Barnes abd get Perez up top with Vardy

Apart from getting the ball in for Vardy to score? 

He's had a couple of other openings and some poor first touches. 

I'd keep him on. There's a goal in there for him like against Palace. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Get Barnes on and we will slaughter these 

Not really sure about the obsession with Barnes coming on to be honest? His touch since restart has been awful! Gray for me would cause far more problems for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Yep, but he still managed to play a crucial role in our goal. 

I didn't say he hasn't contributed at all. I simply said nothing is really happening for him. Countless times he has not been strong enough and lost possession. I am a big fan of Iheanacho just nothing seems to be falling for him today so far.

Edited by lee7