Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

The morning after the night before

The worrisome thing is that the manager looks incapable of acknowledging his mistake. That is indeed very dangerous for the team going forward. You messed a perfectly good game up! Hold your hands up. Bournemouth were scared yesterday. They were passing backwards and making a hash of it. Brendan invited them back into the game with his negativity. If you didn't like Nacho's movement, what stops you from making the game a flat 442 with Perez behind Vardy. Gray and Barnes on the flanks in front of Fuchs and Justin. Bournemouth would have had problems defending instead thinking of attacking. I have seen this lack of killer instincts in many games this season. If the Coach acknowledges this flaw, he can then deal with it. He is timid when the chips are down!

• Like 1

I start to think I’m over it then bam I realise another Issue

Champions league dream looks over. Bam  kels thrown under the bus Bam realized soyuncus banned for the rest of the season and we have to play Bennett or Morgan against 3 great attacking teams Bam most of our top targets now not possible Bam man city win their appeal Bam the close season is so short that the form will carry over to next season, with little time for the manager to fix the blatant issues Bam retention becomes an issue, many players were content to stay for one year in the CL Bam financially what does this mean for us? The extra cash during coronavirus would have been game changing Bam the thought that we’ve let Vichai down in what could have been a fantastic tribute season for not just him but the whole family. Bam as I’m writing this post I start to think about how devestated Top and his family must be right now, their industry getting destroyed by a virus now their club freefalling out of a cash cow position

:nono:

Edited by Lambert09

It's a massive opportunity missed. And that's what really gets me. 

This is probably the most disappointing end to a season ever. I mean, as far as I can remember, all the times we've got relegated, the writing was on the wall long before. This season, we've gone from "don't write off Leicester as title contenders just yet" and seemingly having already booked our Champions League spot at the beginning of January to...well. This. 

Starting with the somewhat symbolic 1-2 loss at home to Southampton, the last 13 games have yielded just 14 points. 

It's too simple to say that the players – or Rodgers – have bottled it. Or that teams have figured us out. Or that we over-achieved before January. 

For me, there are a huge number of factors that have contributed to this mess. They range from small incidents which took less than a second (starting with that Southampton equaliser in January that came off Maddison's face and wrong-footed Kasper, ending with Kasper's awful non-clearance last night) to bigger issues that no doubt have had an impact: injuries to Ricardo and Maddison, lockdown disruption, Vardy struggling with confidence...

I don't know. There is no way we will qualify for the Champions League now. It's out of our hands. 

It just feels like we've missed out on a huge opportunity as a club.

It's pathetic. Have been in the top 4 since September, bottled a 14 point lead since January. We can never call another team bottlers again. We have that title now. 

I honestly think if we get Europa League, we will be in a relegation battle next season. This team cannot handle it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

It's a massive opportunity missed. And that's what really gets me. 

This is probably the most disappointing end to a season ever. I mean, as far as I can remember, all the times we've got relegated, the writing was on the wall long before. This season, we've gone from "don't write off Leicester as title contenders just yet" and seemingly having already booked our Champions League spot at the beginning of January to...well. This. 

Starting with the somewhat symbolic 1-2 loss at home to Southampton, the last 13 games have yielded just 14 points. 

It's too simple to say that the players – or Rodgers – have bottled it. Or that teams have figured us out. Or that we over-achieved before January. 

For me, there are a huge number of factors that have contributed to this mess. They range from small incidents which took less than a second (starting with that Southampton equaliser in January that came off Maddison's face and wrong-footed Kasper, ending with Kasper's awful non-clearance last night) to bigger issues that no doubt have had an impact: injuries to Ricardo and Maddison, lockdown disruption, Vardy struggling with confidence...

I don't know. There is no way we will qualify for the Champions League now. It's out of our hands. 

It just feels like we've missed out on a huge opportunity as a club.

I can't remember a team going from looking so good to so bad. The turn around in the game last night was just like the turn around of this season. It's like someone is playing a bad joke on us. Didn't sleep last night and when I think of football it's like a kick in the stomach. I have never considered not watching a City game in my life but I honestly don't know about Thursday.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You could have accused the 2012-13 team and Pearson bottling the league and having a poor mentally when we were second in the league at the beginning of February before winning 2 of their following 16 games, before scrapping in the last day against forest. Then suffering the horror of the Play Off game. They could have crumble, but came back the following season and smashed the league.

This is our Southampton moment, like when we beat them 9-0, they could have folded but turned it around.

Despite my frustration and, certainly as far as yesterday was concerned, anger, I wholly agree with your point. Whats done is done. Its now all about what we do moving forward. Team needs our support and they'll get it from me as well as most others on here

• Like 1

Yes, the red mist has settled and my thoughts have become clearer. I’ve had time to reflect on changes of personnel and tactically made at half time, they were needed, of course Bournemouth were going to come on strong and we needed to sure up defensively.

Sitting back, trying to be solid, keeping possession and containing the play inside our own half, playing just infront of our own box is exactly the best way of combatting the threat. 

Attacking when we already held a 1-0 lead would have been suicidal and we’d have just made it even easier for Bournemouth to walk over us.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 2

Honestly, after the lockdown bliss of no matches and experiencing the highest quality football I've ever see LCFC play inhhe autumn....I am starting to wonder if it's worth it now. 

There was something in last night's cowardice that has sickened me. A kinda of feeling that, even peak LCFC have the ability to appall me. 

... still pee’d off at what happened last night, so much bad luck, poor performances and real and tactical errors.
...what’s really bad is that from here on in there are so many negatives for the next part of the season and the start of the next It seems we are likely to see even worse.
...perhaps after five years of relative success we are about to witness a decline!

I'm madder now than yesterday. I thought I was the same but then I saw the table and realized Man U's point back is with a game in hand. I was prepared for Man City to get off. The 14 point lead on 5th at January 1st and the 8 point lead at the restart has been reduced to nothing. I saw the blatant negativity in tactics before their first yesterday. Not saying I saw the goal coming but negative tactics yield negative results and it only takes one self-induced mistake to give up the lead. I saw the ingredients for yesterdays capitulation in games since the restart and I slated Brendan for giving up against Chelsea in the FA cup. We've seen WTF negative tactical changes when we're not in smash and grab games with the goal. As much as it sucks to see us choke I've been much lower with us. But gosh this freefall is inexcusable.

• Thanks 1

Still really gutted by last night such a horrendous half of football. Could have been so much better even since the lockdown hold on for 1 more min against Watford it’s 3 points and potentially a Mir confident team out against Brighton which we could have had a pen again could have been another win and this would be sewn up, no need to change the players so early yesterday we were well on top all half and would have continued to be if left. It’s good when things are gojng well but Rodgers doesn’t seem to shout during the game sometimes the players need a bollocking mid game to get them going. I have struggle to get back into the football since it kicked off again only watched a few as I can’t seem to get into it. Then Man City’s news today just made it even worse. The lads need a massive performance on Thursday and a lot of luck else where or what could have been a good season could go down the pan. 

I think I'm more annoyed with some of the clowns on here who were telling us to chill out a few weeks ago... "We're 14 points ahead of 5th".."We're 10 points ahead of 5th", "We're 5 points ahead of 5th, and have a better goal difference", etc.

Really bizarre not to be worried about such a steep decline. 

The team has been struggling for about half the season - gone is the aggressive, quick, high press of the first half of the season to be replaced with a passive, sideways, safe style that is neither effective, creative or fun to watch.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This thread makes me think about my teenage and clubbing years.

Who is this woman i shagged and how did we get here? Do i have herpes or any other sexually transmitted illness? Is she pregnant? Omfg life may be over as i know it!

Few days later all is clear and back at it again lol.

Come on Leicester!

still utterly depressed 😞 it really is like the morning after a night of drunken disaster. So many whys and what ifs. Just like Watford in 2013, only I fear we'll be waiting a lot longer than 11 months to clear this one from the memory banks.

I’m still annoyed still today at last night. Thinking about how the game went and we capitulated gets the blood boiling ( and I said to myself I wouldn’t get like that again 😂)

Were the architects of our down downfall, it’s not like we’re getting played off the park every week since Christmas.

We have been here before, great start with managers and seen the tide turn out of nowhere, the rot set in and we all know what happens after that.

Why this seems to happen, I’m unsure, but I don’t think we overachieved earlier this season at all, we have seen how good this team can be and long for this to return.

its no fluke were a great side when it’s all clicking.

If we ever want to sustain top 6 every season no one can have the run we’re on each year and get away with it.

Hopefully it’s not the case again this time round (I don’t think it is for what it’s worth) Rodgers is a very good manager and we’re seeing since the re start how thin on quality our side is out of our best 11.

For some reason a lack of composure, fight and confidence has swept through the squad and we look like a team of individuals, I do fear once Vardys goals dry up where they will come from as we’re lacking everywhere else.

Let’s hope Rodgers and the team spark into gear, they have had enough reasons to, think it’s all going to hinge on the Man U game at the end of the season with winner taking top 4 

🤞it’s us. 

Edited by steflcfc

For arguments sake Man City win the UCL this year (must reiterate IF), will that free up a place for next year if we end up finishing fifth? Chances of it coming off are slim to none but just curious

Edited by Trelleh

I'm still livid about the whole thing tbh although since the Brighton home game I've been convinced we'd blown it. So you get ready for disappointment.

Actually feel like I can't be bothered to watch any more Premier football this season. Nothing for me to have an interest in now, except the relegation battle  that we kept alive by gifting Bournemouth a win. 

Knowing us we'll scrape a 1-0 Vs Sheffield have results go our way, get to the final day and then get battered by Utd

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I'm still livid about the whole thing tbh although since the Brighton home game I've been convinced we'd blown it. So you get ready for disappointment.

Actually feel like I can't be bothered to watch any more Premier football this season. Nothing for me to have an interest in now, except the relegation battle  that we kept alive by gifting Bournemouth a win. 

Knowing us we'll scrape a 1-0 Vs Sheffield have results go our way, get to the final day and then get battered by Utd

Or more likely the Leicester way we'll lose to Sheff U, draw with Spurs and beat Man U who will still qualify.