Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Well Perez seems to be the new wellens. No better or worse than anyone else. If anything he was the only one trying anything.

He was worse. He could barely find a team-mate in the whole game. He lost us so many promising situations.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Yep let’s all blame Perez because we can’t do the basics of defending. 

He weren’t great today, but **** me, every season there has to be one player we turn on. Chilwell deserved crap last season for costing us games and points repeatedly, did Perez cost us the game today? No. 

This. Perez was bad, but Soyuncu and Justin were way way worse today. You can't blame Perez for our atrocious defending today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

He was worse. He could barely find a team-mate in the whole game. He lost us so many promising situations.

He was trying to pass forwards through a packed defence while tielemans, Mandy, Barnes etc were trying to pass it sideways or backwards. Yes he was unsuccessful but at least he was trying to create. That’s how I saw it anyway.

Perez playing demonstrates just how good Maddison/Praet are/can be in that attacking midfield position and how well they'd started the season themselves (albeit Maddison in much less time).

I said it in the match thread but what annoys me the most about Perez isn't just his light-weight physicality but just how every time he gets the ball stuck under his feet. Even for a split second or 2, it slows us down when everyone else tries to do the quick passing (like Barnes, Iheanacho, Vardy did right at the end).

Against a team that packs the midfield/defensive line, it's criminal and he'll get caught out every single time because there's immediate pressure and that's where he struggles. He'll try to get his body in front of the ball and win a free-kick but before you know it, possession is overturned and we're on the back foot or attack broken down.

I think he's just a bit of an anomaly. He was bad today but so was everyone else. The worrying thing is that he's generally the worst (or close to) performer when we play well, too. A good performance every so often and that just isn't good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

He weren’t great today, but **** me, every season there has to be one player we turn on. Chilwell deserved crap last season for costing us games and points repeatedly, did Perez cost us the game today? No. 

Could have been difference between scoring and not scoring though. I highly doubt we would have created the Barnes disallowed goal if he was involved.

• Like 1

easy to say it’s a knee jerk reaction with all the hate for Perez, but it is the same issue with him every game.

his positional ability is not questioned, he picks up positions in really useful areas and Tielemans found him 4 or 5 times today, but every single time he gave it away. This is nothing new. 

I have no doubt that Maddison would’ve played that role today, or Praet. I think Perez has had his chance and if worst comes to worst we play Iheanacho in that role. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry but based on today’s performance, there is absolutely no defending him

He is so lightweight it's unbelievable. What's concerning is that when he lost the ball last season, on most occassions he would at least work really hard to try and win the ball back. This season so far when he loses it or is out muscled, he just gives up and makes no attempt to retain the ball. For me he should be nothing more than a fringe player going forward.

I want to like him I really do but jeez he makes it hard. His place in the first team is getting further and further away and he now is a bench warmer really and he still shows no fight to want his place. Today was a chance for him to prove himself with Madders and Praet out. I want to give him a shake!

Tbf he tries to be positive with his passing but he only usually tries the most complex of passes that work one in every 20 attempts. He is so lightweight on the ball too, a gust of wind knocks him off his stride. The combination of these two ‘attributes’ make him so frustrating to watch.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's not good enough. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

Just so clear the difference between Perez on the ball and Praet on the ball today. One is smooth and precise, the other unpredictable and careless.

• Like 2