Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

4 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

He has had anuf chances under different managers. 

Do I think he has player enough games consistency, possibly, hard to tell as I suspect some players, like in life, are self starters and will grasp every chance whereas some need to be led more. Either way, its now been too long and its too much trouble, he needs to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don’t think he was very respectful to us last night, there’s now way he was putting in 100% during the game, he played like he just wasn’t interested imo, he may end up sitting his contract out.

I think he played exactly like he normally does during a starting opportunity. Unlucky for us it was inconsistent, a little slack in decision making, and he tended to give the ball away. He seemed to spend a great deal of time cutting in centrally and being dispossessed. Now whether he was told to do this, who knows, but genuinely there's no need to call him trash. He's proven that that he's nowhere near good enough for a starting place, and for his own career, he needs to move on.

• Like 1

He should be worth about £10-12m right now. Let's not undersell him, been through all the England youth ranks and shone, very rarely injured, relatively young for the amount of appearances he has and could still turn it on at the right place.

To be honest I'm really surprised about the lack of rumours around him, you'd think several of the 10th-16th Premier League teams would be all over it. He'd get to play every week and could still develop into a decent player

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

What are we playing at even offering a new contract? No wonder we have so many players that can't be moved on when thats all it takes to get an extension.

I presume we have to pretend he's more valuable than he really is, impact sub etc, in order to get any kind of cash. Brendans just using Claudian tactics (hopefully only off the pitch).

• Like 1

I think the problem is he simply doesn't have enough brain cells to play well consistently. He occasionally does something worthwhile or even very good..... He just forgets how he did it 5 minutes later and can't repeat it. He almost walked into a helicopter rotor ffs....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He's had more than enough chances. Is he any better than the day we signed him? I don't see any development at all, his decision making and general football intelligence leave a lot to be desired. Plus i'm not convinced about his attitude.

Flashes of brilliance a handful of times a season aren't enough. He's too inconsistent and crucially his end product isn't up to scratch. How long do you carry on persisting saying 'there's a player in there somewhere'?

If we get an offer upwards of £10m given his contract situation i'd get rid and try to reinvest elsewhere.

Can see teams waiting to pick him up on a free, very much like Ryan Fraser. Prior to him entering the last year of his contract teams were willing to pay decent money for him but as soon as he made it clear he was leaving come the summer on a free then teams sat back and waited.

It’s not worked out with Gray - he’s definitely a talented player, but has never been good enough to nail down a starting place for us. He’s definitely got positive attributes and I wish him all the best. I personally respect him more for wanting to leave and get more game time. He could get paid vast sums by us to sit on the bench, but he wants to prove himself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I don't get the "hate" on here, yes he isn't good enough but does that necessarily mean we need to start hating the guy and calling him a "pr1ck" etc? All this talk about attitude etc also there have been people on here that have met the guy and said he's actually very pleasant and friendly. Facts are facts and he isn't good enough and he's had enough chances and I think everyone would agree it's time for him to move on (I think even he would agree) as if he's not willing to sign a new contract (which is what was suggested by BR) it shows that perhaps he isn't happy just to sit around getting a paycheck from the bench. Just think some people need to chill out. I wish him all the best and I hope he gets the move he wants and is successful elsewhere.

I've not read loads of 'hate' posts on here. There's an acceptance that he's not what we currently need, and will struggle to get the time he wants, so it's in both parties interest to find an alternative path, be it at transfer this window, or at the end of his contract (as long as he remains professional). He may well be a lovely lad in person, but his frustration is showing.

At one stage in the cup game he lost possession centrally and Arsenal took off in a break just over in their half, and he slumped and put his hands over his face in a huff, and didn't race back after the ball or chase back to put in numbers defensively. Now that might not be his role, but if you lose the ball and it's your fault, you don't stand on the spot and put on a 'show' of how disappointed you are in yourself, it's immature. It's not the first time when things aren't going his way. He puts lots of endeavour, but the more he tries, the harder he tries, the more he is prone to mistakes, which when starting, snowball into a overall poor performance. Hence why he does better coming off the bench for us.

• Like 1