Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

21 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is a 24 year old England U 21 international with loads of Prem experience and lots of ability and we talk about him as if he’s Benalouane or some other unsaleable stiff . I don’t get it . There is some value there which we are failing to  achieve ( unless things are progressing below the radar) 

He might be happy to wait. Reality is, only clubs wanting to pump £15/£20m on him are going to be bottom end of the table.

If he’s on a free, someone higher up would probably take a punt and he’ll get a nice contract out of it.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He might be happy to wait. Reality is, only clubs wanting to pump £15/£20m on him are going to be bottom end of the table.

If he’s on a free, someone higher up would probably take a punt and he’ll get a nice contract out of it.

True, but all he'll do is sit on their bench. I got the impression he wanted to play more regularly. If this is the case, he will need to lower his expectations, as the only way I see him playing regularly is for a bottom 6 club or one in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

At his age I would spend a year paying a bit part here and then getting a large pay day going on a free next summer 

the way his career has gone, pretty welll missing another season won’t make much difference to him

It's a great situation for him to be in to be honest, not so great for us. 

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leeds keeping an eye in him

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8780593/Bayern-Munich-set-make-shock-bid-Norwich-City-right-Max-Aarons.html

“They also want to add a winger with talks underway with Utrecht for Gyrano Kerk while Leicester City's Demarai Gray is also on their radar.”

Typical bielsa player

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Leeds would be a good move for Demmy. 

Leeds are very well run, with players who do what they’re instructed in a system. Not sure DG has that level of ability/intelligence? Strikes me more of a free spirit. I wish him well wherever he goes, so please don’t think I’m trying to do him a disservice with my opinion. 

• Like 1