Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Created enough chances to be a real problem in this match but we committed defensive suicide yet again away from home. Somehow need West Ham to keep their loss to Man Utd below 2 goals and we are still in it however bizarre this all feels.

Thomas was good again going forward and Barnes was much better. Just a bit naive which I can almost forgive. 

Reckon vs United I’d just have the deepest, filthiest block and try and nab a goal on the counter

We've been rubbish before injuries and we're rubbish now so getting a bit tired of hearing that excuse wheeled out. Comparing the steel and fight of the 15/16 side to this team of little boys is painful to watch. We've seen many naff teams over the years but they've always put in a fight, not with this lot. 

Goes to show how despondant I am that I can't even be bothered to have a proper rant. Clueless team setup, players can't do the basics, not even bothered.

Looking forward to managing Europa League and relegation next season. 

• Haha 2

Slow, spineless, unadventurous, weak, passive, and bang out of form. Thrashed by a side with naff all to play for, whilst it's meant to be everything for us. It's embarrassing. 

Utd will thrash us to compound the most insipid responce since lockdown. The players don't overly care, and the manager is trying to get his hefty pay out in time for his summer break.

• Haha 1

This is going to be a big week on the training ground for those defenders. Man Utd will rinse us based on that performance.

That said, again, we played well at times today. If we can put our chances away next weekend, we'll at least have a chance.

Meek, again.

Damage was done last week, we take so, so long on the ball before invariably making the wrong decision with it.

I don't think it was a 3-0 game but you won't win a thing with a complete absence of any discernable edge. Flat and predictable, as it has been bar a handful of times since Christmas.

Next season is going to be miserable.

• Like 2

Disappointed obviously but thought we were the better team in the first half but awful defending cost us any chance of getting anything after 35 mins. 

Ryan Bennett is not a prem defender. Johnny Evans is a lucky boy to have stayed on the pitch. 

Oh and I hate Harry Kane the great goal scoring bellend that he is. 

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This won't be a popular opinion on here but I actually think they did alright there combination of terrible luck and abysmal defending cost us there. 

I think the manager was outclassed by their manager tactically.

Just not good enough squad unfortunately. And we've been massively exposed during this post lockdown period. 

Not too disheartened today, it's our other performances that have let us down. Back up defence exposed massively today, as we all expected, ridiculous that we allowed it to happen 3 times.

Unfortunate for him and not only him at fault but Thomas lost the ball twice in dangerous areas. Bennett absolutely useless when someone is running at him, not cynical enough on the counter attack. 

Mourinho being Mourinho helped in second half to ensure we weren't done for more goals. 

Champions League is gone.

Just now, Beechey said:

Reckon vs United I’d just have the deepest, filthiest block and try and nab a goal on the counter

Its still all set up to shithouse them. West Ham are more than capable of scoring a couple so as long as Utd only win 4-2 we are still bang in it. 

Just now, buzzer_b said:

Defence is shocking atm but we do have three first team defenders out which has hit us really hard. Just goes to show that we need better options and depth if we want to go up another level. 

Or a manager who can see the obvious when it’s staring him in the face and play a line up that offers a bit more protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1