Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Or a manager who can see the obvious when it’s staring him in the face and play a line up that offers a bit more protection.

Can you imagine if we played 2 defensive midfielders AND a back 3? lol

Injury ravaged and without confidence and then we run into brothers nemesis Son and Kane. Can we please not have end of season games against Spurs next season. 

Thougt we were decent and got punished brutally. Is a bit more fun the other way around. Every time we have big games this season we falter completely; its a bad habit. Rodgers really needs to prove himself now.

Up to their second goal, I was enjoying watching us. Thought I could see some signs of us coming back to what we are about. 

Bennett needs ditching, but we need to keep faith with Barnes and Justin - they will learn a hell of a lot from these games and have time on their side to become big players for us. 

Final thought - with the make up of the league next season looking a lot tougher given the established top six and mid table pack looking to have settled management I expect it to be quite a scrap throughout between clubs - so could dropping into the Europe League be a blessing in disguise for us?

If we made the Champions League, that essentially demands that we’d play our first.

We clearly don’t have the squad to compete on two fronts like that, so having European competition that might be a little kinder in terms of demands might be better for us a club longer term.

There isn't many teams in the league that can lose 3 of the 4 first team defenders and cope. First goal killed us and Loris made two or 3 world class saves. 

We weren't unlucky but frustratingly you play like that last week and we beat bournemouth. 

Sky got what they wanted for next week bit of drama are both ends of the table so they'll be happy. 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

yet to beat a decent side this season. well apart from maybe sheffield

Weird thing to say after playing Spurs given we beat Spurs earlier in the season.

Lack of clinical finishing is costing us, as is our profligacy from set pieces.

We're really going to need to spend well and wisely in the transfer window, we urgently need quality and a bit of flair in the attacking positions.

• Like 2

I genuinely thought we would win that. I think we were slightly naive tactically. We didn't have much luck, Bennett was poor, Kane is ruthless and Lloris clearly hates us.

Not scoring is a big problem - even against a Mourinho team - we should have scored at least one today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

I know we've got injuries but the way we roll over is sickening. 

To be fair, I don't think we rolled over today. The two Kane goals stuffed us but we kept at it although we lacked flair, speed and creativity. Whatever we need to get some quicker players in midfield next season. It's all too pedestrian 

Just now, Jonezy said:

Every time we have big games this season we falter completely; its a bad habit. Rodgers really needs to prove himself now.

This is what should bother everyone associated with the club.  There needs to be some grit - and talent - added.

Actually no real complaints for once. It was asking a lot to get a result today. This season is over once next Sunday is out of the way the club need to sit down and a proper plan need to be put into place. 

Very sad performance today, mainly because sky were rimming each other whilst we pissed the rest of our season away. We didn’t actually play badly, the horrifying defence we have going on was always going to be the sticking point, and unfortunately (and expectedly) they were exposed by one of the league best attacks.

Im just disappointed that we couldn’t make a bit more of a game of it with goals. 

No point pointing fingers today, I admire Rodgers for going for it in a way, it’s just we are a bit like a greyhound with no back legs at the moment, in a sense we won’t be going anywhere quick. We just have to collectively accept what is going to happen, and move on and get ready for next season. I’m pretty nervous about next season to be honest, I don’t like the Europa league, long distances, Thursday nights and late Sunday kick offs, so kind of hoping we have to qualify and **** it off. 

Anyway, I’ve got to go to a BBQ to watch the game with a bunch of United fans.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

So you think what we did worked today?

Why the back 3? If he aims to have a solid 45 minutes and maybe nick it 1-0 in the second half that that performance doesn’t happen.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Joking apart, that's the best way to play 3-5-2. Allows the wing backs more scope to be offensive. 3-4-3 was the problem today.

Recruitment has been abject this season. Our side is absolutely crippled by injuries and the suspension and let’s face it, some of those players out there would struggle to get into a Championship side.

Next time we bemoan some of our top players in the shape of Chilwell, Maddison et al, just think back to this side and the absolute state of it.

• Like 3