Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

And how do you suppose they can let us win whilst Chelsea are actually playing wolves ??.

Dunno Chelsea loss to wolves and who ever else they playing man u win by 2 goals tomorrow go ahead of Chelsea then united let us win by 1 goal  Chelsea  fin 5th lol obviously they ain't gonna give crap us just saying people who thought if we won then should play for a draw last game lol by I don't care happy are in Europe played okay today and 2nd half of season was  poor so happy with where ever we fin now come to terms with it now

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

So we don’t chase the game - we play deep and draw them onto us - we can’t press them with our defence ?

A draw will probably do for Man U, they'll be happy to let us keep the ball at the back.

Just now, Collymore said:

I'm really surprised that with the importance of the goal difference we didn't set up much tighter. 

It's like goal difference didn't even enter Brendan's head.

Absolutely this, so naive how we set up today.

Stan Collymore said in the paper today that he thinks Brendan is more of a coach than a manager and I’m inclined to agree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Actually no real complaints for once. It was asking a lot to get a result today. This season is over once next Sunday is out of the way the club need to sit down and a proper plan need to be put into place. 

Very sad performance today, mainly because sky were rimming each other whilst we pissed the rest of our season away. We didn’t actually play badly, the horrifying defence we have going on was always going to be the sticking point, and unfortunately (and expectedly) they were exposed by one of the league best attacks.

Im just disappointed that we couldn’t make a bit more of a game of it with goals. 

No point pointing fingers today, I admire Rodgers for going for it in a way, it’s just we are a bit like a greyhound with no back legs at the moment, in a sense we won’t be going anywhere quick. We just have to collectively accept what is going to happen, and move on and get ready for next season. I’m pretty nervous about next season to be honest, I don’t like the Europa league, long distances, Thursday nights and late Sunday kick offs, so kind of hoping we have to qualify and **** it off. 

Anyway, I’ve got to go to a BBQ to watch the game with a bunch of United fans.........

Good luck this eve. I'd like both sides to lose this semi final. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

But did you watch the match

feel like couldve played another 90s mins and not scored after the second half

Listened on radio.

I'm not suggesting the stats show we deserved to win or anything like that, just noting the bizarre stats.

I was here for 15-16, when we had less than 50% possession almost every week, so I know it's not all about stats.

If you have loads of possession but don't create enough good chances, have loads of long shots, hit the keeper with your shots and fail to beat the 1st man with your corners.....you aren't likely to win.

Sounds a bit like that - with a bit of bad luck thrown in?

Wouldn't it be good to qualify for CL by beating Man Utd on the last day, though...... Not confident but you never know. 

Reminds me of a certain song that has the lyric: “oh how did it come to this?”

So much promise and so little reward this season. Sad and disappointed. We won’t now attract the really top talent needed to make the step up and not allow this calamity to happen again.

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Listened on radio.

I'm not suggesting the stats show we deserved to win or anything like that, just noting the bizarre stats.

I was here for 15-16, when we had less than 50% possession almost every week, so I know it's not all about stats.

If you have loads of possession but don't create enough good chances, have loads of long shots, hit the keeper with your shots and fail to beat the 1st man with your corners.....you aren't likely to win.

Sounds a bit like that - with a bit of bad luck thrown in?

Wouldn't it be good to qualify for CL by beating Man Utd on the last day, though...... Not confident but you never know. 

first half had a few chances, great save from Perez second half never looked like scoring tbh

• Like 1

Unfortunate with the first goal today. Once they got that they were able to carry out their game plan. We looked quite decent going forward in the first half but we were all over the shop at the back, especially with balls over the top. Second half we just seemed to lose the intensity going forward. I don’t care what anyone says but losing Ricardo, Soyuncu and Chilwell has had a massive impact on us. If all of those were playing today, we certainly wouldn’t have conceded three. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

So you think what we did worked today?

Why the back 3? If he aims to have a solid 45 minutes and maybe nick it 1-0 in the second half that that performance doesn’t happen.

Because we bossed our last game with a back 3.

This place would erupt if he changed it to a back 4 and lost, everyone would be asking “why did he change a winning system?!”

Everyone’s a football genius online

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So we don’t chase the game - we play deep and draw them onto us - we can’t press them with our defence ?

But we need to beat them? And probably by a few goals. Play deep initially of course but they'll come a time where we need to go for it massively. 

Obviously changes if West Ham pull of a miracle and win at old Trafford. Then a draw would do us. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Created enough chances to be a real problem in this match but we committed defensive suicide yet again away from home. Somehow need West Ham to keep their loss to Man Utd below 2 goals and we are still in it however bizarre this all feels.

Thomas was good again going forward and Barnes was much better. Just a bit naive which I can almost forgive. 

Ric.. as a rule I think you are well balanced and talk sense.

However, Barnes was a total horror show. What did he do that was of any Premier League quality? 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Because we bossed our last game with a back 3.

This place would erupt if he changed it to a back 4 and lost, everyone would be asking “why did he change a winning system?!”

Everyone’s a football genius online

I must have read the comments of “Son, Kane and Bergwyn” will destroy that defence about 50x in the last few days so I doubt it.

The best defence we can put out at the minute wouldn’t make the play offs in the championship yet our manager is too stubborn to change it to offer more protection.

• Like 1