Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

1 minute ago, theessexfox said:

That bloke on twitter seems to think it’ll be:

Kasper

Albrighton

JJ

Evans

Morgan

Thomas 

Ndidi

Hamza

Tielemans

Nacho

Vardy

Wouldn't object to that, only worry is us getting pinned back in with Hamza over Perez. 

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Kasper

Albrighton

JJ

Evans

Morgan

Thomas 

Ndidi

Hamza

Tielemans

Nacho

Vardy

Don't mind it although supply to Vardy and Nacho looks limited. Feel like this could be a game for Barnes or Gray. This looks like a play for the draw kind of team

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't mind it although supply to Vardy and Nacho looks limited. Feel like this could be a game for Barnes or Gray. This looks like a play for the draw kind of team

Or a don’t give a goal away to give you a chance of making attacking changes to get a winning goal last thirty .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Or a don’t give a goal away to give you a chance of making attacking changes to get a winning goal last thirty .....

Attacking changes lol lol lol

That's a good one!! 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bit of a random question - but I've never used the BT Sports app on or webapp to watch live before, never even signed up for it. 

Can you only watch the BT Sports channels through it or can you also watch Main Event if you've got the add-on?

Only Bt Sports channels. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Man Uniteds good run of form all comes from them chucking >£50mill on a world class player form them to catch up with us, yet no one is talking about that? 

Yes that’s frustrating, but it was always going to happen, be it in January or the summer. They will probably wishing they’d got him in last July. Fernandes has still had to adapt, and the fact he has done so with ease mid season shows it was money well spent. If we had won two more games they wouldn’t have been able to overhaul us whatever they did in January. 

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Agreed, I’d be hesitant about not starting Pérez - United’s defenders don’t always cope well with being pressed high. 

If Hamza is coming in to man mark Bruno though then I can see the thinking 

Exactly, Perez when on form links it all up well and is a decent pressing addition.

When we've done this in the past it's gone poorly

9 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Kasper

Albrighton

JJ

Evans

Morgan

Thomas 

Ndidi

Hamza

Tielemans

Nacho

Vardy

Honestly don’t get that. Didn’t we do similar first half Vs Arsenal and get battered? What position is JJ and Albrighton? Weird if we do that.

Anyway, my prediction is we get majorly shafted by a referee / VAR decision today. Pressure will be on them to keep little Leicester out of things big time today.

31 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If us and Man Utd get 3rd and 4th, Wolves with the Europa League and Chelsea the champions league then 4th place is in trouble. It's the only way we could be shafted. 

No way Chelsea are overturning that deficit to Bayern. So should be safe in that respect

21 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I really feel like Wolves are our best shot.  If they go up a couple early we can spend an hour in our game kicking the ball around midfield and watching the clock.

I feel like this too. Just can't see us winning today, kinda hoping Chelsea implode.

It's a bit of a Mexican standoff, for Chelsea. If they go for it and get caught out they could be the architect of their own downfall. 

8 minutes ago, TK95 said:

No way Chelsea are overturning that deficit to Bayern. So should be safe in that respect

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, it’s not happening. I was just pointing out it’s the only way it theoretically can. Overturning a 3-0 first leg defeat against Bayern is almost impossible coupled with then going on and winning the tournament as well as them losing to wolves and us and Man Utd drawing and wolves winning the Europa league. It’s not happening but I would be curious to know what odds a bookies would give on it.

Edit - Just tried a bet builder and it was even more unlikely than I imagined. 

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 10.28.10.png

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

"I can see why he gave it. Refs have got a hard job. There's not a lot of contact, if any...but Morgan's sliding motion must have been in Fernandes' peripheral vision and that's clearly caused him to think he was going to get fouled and he loses his balance in that moment and goes down. It's harsh but in that moment I think Fernandes is within his rights to go down because he's expecting that contact. If he'd not gone down then he would have scored so it's a definite pen, even if there was potentially no contact from a Leicester player. It's the modern game now, Jake."

That is exactly the script. Well rehearsed and ready to roll out. Only the players names may change. However, any incident at the other end barely warrants a replay. The Sky build up will be 90% ManU focused. Even 5-Live yesterday devoted a time slot to each clubs chances and when it got to ours they focused on Kasper's comments about De Gea and talked about the ManU goalies recent form. Similar thing happened in the previous match when Sky's few minutes to talk about us was taken up with how much we will miss Maguire. I cancelled my Sky contract and will only now buy NowTV codes for when we play. 

• Like 1

I think it'll be a nervy game with so much on the line and despite Ole saying they will go for it, I can only see united defending the first 20 minutes and keeping us out from making a strong start. The key for us is we need to make a strong start. The longer its 0-0 the more desparate we'll become and the more likely they are to counter and score. 

Just now, TK95 said:

Would like to see Barnes come on from the bench today. Save him for the last half hour when we can really utilise his pace against a tired back line

They won't have a tired back line. The new 5 subs rule brought in to assist those clubs with more top players to pick from will see to that. 

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

If we do get in, expect all the coverage to be about Man Utd/Chelsea shortcomings rather than ours/Wolves achievement. 

Not a problem, I'd rather be called lucky and get in than unlucky and miss out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Kasper

Albrighton

JJ

Evans

Morgan

Thomas 

Ndidi

Hamza

Tielemans

Nacho

Vardy

Makes sense. I'd prefer Barnes in for Hamza as a more attacking option, or Perez for his work rate and link up, but if Rodgers is focusing on shutting down Fernandes then Hamza can do a Kamark-Juninho job.

Edited by CloudFox

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

They won't have a tired back line. The new 5 subs rule brought in to assist those clubs with more top players to pick from will see to that. 

Williams doesn’t look fit and Shaw needs a fitness test and with his history ... maguire turns like a glacier and big Vic has a mistake in him. Who do they have to bring on? Bailey, maybe Matic at a push ... that Argentinian lad who’s name I can’t remeber? Fosu mensah looked poor against wham. They are all there to be got at ... Vardy and Natcho have the tools. It’s all about a) our midfield allowing them to operate and b) not getting caught with a high line ... although it looks as though JJ will be operating at cb so that’s a little pace. I can see Jonny Evans wanting this and getting the lads firing.