Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If Brendan can't motivate them for this one then I truly despair 

I'm not even sure it's a motivational thing- I think we're just mentally weak. We have just melted every time the pressure has been on this season.

Just now, Ted Maul said:

I'm not even sure it's a motivational thing- I think we're just mentally weak. We have just melted every time the pressure has been on this season.

I prefer to be kinder and say that the team is not yet the finished article. Finishing 5th would be a massive disappointment, of course, but they've given us a hell of a lot of highs, even if most of them were a while ago.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I prefer to be kinder and say that the team is not yet the finished article. Finishing 5th would be a massive disappointment, of course, but they've given us a hell of a lot of highs, even if most of them were a while ago.

Yeah I'm hoping it's an age/inexperience thing and if we miss out we can learn from the disappointment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I've accepted 5th as our fate so I'm not particularly nervous.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but this team just doesn't turn up when it really matters.

Same although I'm sure I'll be a lot more tense when the game is about to start.

Plus, and it's fairly unlikely but given the possible permutations of the CL and EL winners, 4th might not be enough anyway.

Keeping feeling pangs of hope, but ultimately I can’t look past three facts:

- We likely need to win.

- Man Utd haven’t lost in the league since January.

- We’ve only won 3 times during that period.

That’s ignoring our current injury problems.

I just hope we give our all. No rolling over like we often do in big matches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Yeah I'm hoping it's an age/inexperience thing and if we miss out we can learn from the disappointment.

Me too. I don't think they get to 5th if they are truly mentally weak. It used to irk me when people said similar about Andy Murray - like him or not, look what that guy achieved eventually (and try to be objective about it!).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Koke said:

88’- GOAL! Bruno Fernandes puts it into the bottom left corner from the penalty spot.

Leicester 0-1 Man United.

'I can see why he gave it. Refs have got a hard job. That gust of wind across the stadium unbalanced Rashford, as well as the scoreboard flickering putting him off. A Leicester player was also in the vicinity of him so fairplay it was a tough decision but the right call. Anyway at least Man utd are where they belong, back in the champions league, and that's all that matters. '

Robbie Savage. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

- We likely need to win.

We haven't conceded a home goal since February

We haven't lost at home since January, which baring in mind we have been crap for all of 2020

Man Utd have hit the buffers

There's some slight glimmer of hope, but hope I fear is all it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

- We likely need to win.

That's exactly what I'm feeling. Bit worried we're going to get hammered to be perfectly honest. Just can't see our defence dealing with Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Fernandes etc. I feel like Kasper is going to have to have the game of his life if we're going to somehow do this.

Edited by Paddy.

16 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I've accepted 5th as our fate so I'm not particularly nervous.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but this team just doesn't turn up when it really matters.

Keep kidding yourself. I've tried to do this loads of times, but once the game starts you can't help but want to win. Unless they are winning easily early on and it's a formality, we will all be swept up on emotion, and false hope. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I just don't think we have an identity at the moment. Like are we trying to be a top 4 team that goes toe to toe with the big boys or are we plucky old Leicester that are a nightmare to play against? We do neither

• Like 2

Further addressing the mental aspect of this, 2 things are worth remembering and re-considering. The title win was a massive shock, and those shockwaves will still be rippling, albeit in a much smaller way. More recent was the death of Vichai. These 2 events deserve thinking about if we're discussing collective state of mind.

Edited by HighPeakFox

11 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If we win and get 4th and Man U win the Europa league do we miss out on a CL spot ? 

If us and Man Utd get 3rd and 4th, Wolves with the Europa League and Chelsea the champions league then 4th place is in trouble. It's the only way we could be shafted. 

6 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

'I can see why he gave it. Refs have got a hard job. That gust of wind across the stadium unbalanced Rashford, as well as the scoreboard flickering putting him off. A Leicester player was also in the vicinity of him so fairplay it was a tough decision but the right call. Anyway at least Man utd are where they belong, back in the champions league, and that's all that matters. '

Robbie Savage. 

"I can see why he gave it. Refs have got a hard job. There's not a lot of contact, if any...but Morgan's sliding motion must have been in Fernandes' peripheral vision and that's clearly caused him to think he was going to get fouled and he loses his balance in that moment and goes down. It's harsh but in that moment I think Fernandes is within his rights to go down because he's expecting that contact. If he'd not gone down then he would have scored so it's a definite pen, even if there was potentially no contact from a Leicester player. It's the modern game now, Jake."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I just don't think we have an identity at the moment. Like are we trying to be a top 4 team that goes toe to toe with the big boys or are we plucky old Leicester that are a nightmare to play against? We do neither

I agree. I think our first half of the season was just too much to live up to and couldn't be maintained. We were so good, we tore teams apart, and so when results went a bit wrong all the doubt crept in. I think we got a bit complacent and defeats to the big boys like the Liverpool drubbing, the bad luck of losing to villa in the semi, and some injuries, the restart all made things worse. I think to just be competing up in that top 6 is great but really after our first half of the season to miss out on top 4 would be a huge disappointment and a failure in my eyes. 

Bit of a random question - but I've never used the BT Sports app on or webapp to watch live before, never even signed up for it. 

Can you only watch the BT Sports channels through it or can you also watch Main Event if you've got the add-on?

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I really feel like Wolves are our best shot.  If they go up a couple early we can spend an hour in our game kicking the ball around midfield and watching the clock.

The idea of this makes me physically nauseous 

• Like 1

I don’t think we’ll beat these but I just hope it’s not another embarrassing one like the Liverpool home game. I’d consider it a fantastic result if we could even get a point as I think Wolves can definitely bear Chelsea but I’m just not seeing anything for us against Man U.