Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I just think that if they're going to be showing premier league football a bit of balance would be nice. Presenter and one ex player pundit from each team. Equal time analysing both. All it takes. All we will get though is two former Man Utd players taking about them the entire time without a mention of Leicester. Even when there's other teams involved the coverage would be so much better and informative if they covered other teams rather than talking about the same things over and over again. You get 20 minutes on whether de gea should be first choice, a 20 minute rimming of Bruno Fernandes followed by 20 minutes on how they should sign Sancho it's boring.

This isn’t politics - the coverage Sky and BT produce will be centred around catering for their perspective audience and like it or not, the significant majority of that audience will be fans of the big clubs hence the lean in that direction.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s always a big ask to take three points off Man Utd and it’s an even bigger ask with many key players missing. 

European football guaranteed with the biggest game of the day, on the last day, that isn’t a relegation 6 pointer. Been a good season. 

Europe next year and hopefully a few decent players to add to a very good starting 11. Just realised the Europa has Inter, Sevilla and Roma still in at this stage for this season. All three far bigger clubs then us. 

If we make Champions League, well that would be awesome. 

Appreciate this time, many City fans of the past wouldn’t have imagined this in their wildest dreams. That’s how good it is. 

I want to counter this post with the " we've bottled a 14 point lead " but you are spot on, regardless of todays result it's been a great season.

2 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I want to counter this post with the " we've bottled a 14 point lead " but you are spot on, regardless of todays result it's been a great season.

Exactly. We dont ignore the 14 point drop. We learn from it. Next year, we will be stronger, I have no doubts because we will add to this squad. Yes, we may lose Chilwell but news this morning of Madders signing a new deal just shows the players are buying into this process. 

This season has been great because it lays down the foundations for further progression of the club. For 12 months, we are part of this country’s top 6 football teams. I love it.

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This isn’t politics - the coverage Sky and BT produce will be centred around catering for their perspective audience and like it or not, the significant majority of that audience will be fans of the big clubs hence the lean in that direction.

I would guess of the people watching for example a Man Utd game more Man Utd fans will be watching than fans of the club they are playing. However I would imagine if you took into account the fans of their opponents and neutrals (or fans of other clubs not playing) it would far exceed the number of Man Utd fans watching. I think therefore the majority would prefer balanced coverage. 

This is mainly a sky issue for me as well. I don't think BT, Amazon or the BBC are nearly as bad for it. Particularly amazon has always seemed very good. 

2 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Just saw Sean from Enderby put on a team on Twitter. 

kasper 

Justin Morgan evans

ndidi

perez youri choudary Albrighton 

Ian Vardy

Hamza?? 

Not convinced with that decision at all, a walking red card and a liability.

(prove me wrong and score the winner please)

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

kasper 

Justin Morgan evans

ndidi

Ian Vardy

Yea he also said he was going to phone Brendan Rogers and tell him to change perez for Thomas.

The guy is mental dont buy into his crap, i genuinly think he has head problems, maybe the geezer needs help rather than giving him the attention he craves 

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Anyone else feel like they're joining a queue for a particularly unsafe-looking rollercoaster?

We’ve been strapped in and lurching uphill all season.  This is that zero gravity moment going over the crest of the big hill.

We all knew this ride was rickety when we got on.  But there’s no getting off now* !!

Rush.gif.2726e35fae600ef0daa6e49c27a3d095.gif

* all you "not watching it" types.  Who are you kidding :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Think Chelsea will either steam roll Wolves or totally bottle it, no inbetween

A draw perhaps  ???

on a serious note, we have chucked it away but none of us could foresee the injury list (+cags) that we have built up for the sharp end of the season 

had you said we needed 6 points from our last four games at the beginning of the restart we would probably have taken that ....  

Our form post xmas hasn’t been good enough but the injuries have, in the end, proved to be the final hurdle that we may not be able to get over .....

7 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

kasper 

Justin Morgan evans

ndidi

Ian Vardy

Is that really a back three ? Where is the width on the right ?? Is Perez  able to do that with the defensive responsibility of looking after rashford ??

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This was posted 2 hours before Sean from enderby made his so called announcement 

Screenshot_20200726-132721_Twitter.jpg

If that's the line up I can live with it. Slight bomb scare in Hamza though, especially against the ragdolls in United. Can see him genuinely getting a red that will be quickly reviewed by VAR

"He was within 10 feet of him and had malicious intent in his eyes"

12 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

kasper 

Justin Morgan evans

ndidi

Ian Vardy

If that's right then it would mean Hamza playing at RWB, I assume, with Perez as a No 10? Imagine Perez as a RWB against Rashford??!!

So many doomsayers!  I understand scars from past history, but IMO optimism is preferable.

I maintain quiet confidence.  I also think there is quite a bit of pressure on Man U.

Leicester City 2 - 1 Man U.  Vardy winner in the 87th minute.

• Like 1

If that team is true (the one with Thomas for Perez), the wing-backs have got a massive job on their hands. Tielemans is unlikely to play as a true number 10 and will probably drop alongside Ndidi and Choudhury as a three, and that means the wing-backs will be his first passing option, unless Vardy or Iheanacho can drop deep and spin in behind. The wing-backs have to be brave enough to push forward and get quality balls in. You lose the obvious link if you don't play Perez or any wide players.

You would expect that, given United don't need the win and they are generally a counter-attacking side, we will have 55-60% of the ball at times. Has that team got the creative nous to break down a defence? I personally wouldn't think so. But it does give you a decent number of defensive players, all three of those midfielders have bite, Albrighton and Thomas are generally decent going backwards, and adding Justin to the back three gives it a bit more pace.

As much as I don't like the doom and gloom merchants, I don't see us winning it and I don't see Chelsea losing to Wolves either. I think many of us accepted Europa League after Bournemouth and I'm still in that same position - today would be a bonus but remains highly unlikely.

Just do us proud, City.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is that really a back three ? Where is the width on the right ?? Is Perez  able to do that with the defensive responsibility of looking after rashford ??

That’s the players it said, I just guessed at that formation from the players. Probably wrong as I can’t see him throwing Hamza in when we have Praet too who gives similar energy

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If that's right then it would mean Hamza playing at RWB, I assume, with Perez as a No 10? Imagine Perez as a RWB against Rashford??!!

Could be anything! All I could guess from the players he said, can’t see Hamza as a wingback

We came back from an impossible position in the 2015 Great Escape.

We stayed strong when the impossible dream came to reality in 2016.

Today is one game away from Champions League qualification.

One goal, one piece of individual quality, one opposition error.

Let's "Keep The Faith". 

• Like 2