Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

20 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Hmmm that's a strange one

As a ref, if you don't want to allow a quick free kick, you'd explicitly say to the person taking the free kick, wait for my whistle.

However, with the events that happened (ie. kicking the ball just before the ref blows his whistle) he has no choice but to disallow it.

Gary Parker would have been sent off for that.

We should be all over Raphinha this summer. We were linked before he went to Leeds IIRC.

Quick, direct, willing to defend, knows when to pass and creative as you like.

Literally exactly what we need for a right winger. Throw 50m at Leeds for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We should be all over Raphinha this summer. We were linked before he went to Leeds IIRC.

Agree but just can't see it happening. Despite our success over recent years we'll still not be seen as a big enough step up by Rafinha, I suspect. Need several more years in and around the top 6 to be considered that.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree but just can't see it happening. Despite our success over recent years we'll still not be seen as a big enough step up by Rafinha, I suspect. Need several more years in and around the top 6 to be considered that.

It's why top 4 is a must.

• Like 2

I did say I thought Ralph’s tears were going to have poor consequences. I got panned because folk thought it was some dig about emotions. 

Was more that it signalled an achievement which actually meant very little and the players  subconsciously begin to ease off. The ‘redemption’ complete rather than pushing on!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

That isn't the problem and won't solve the problem.

Respect at the top level is the problem, you see the same issues every week in the PL.

Quite simply, players and refs don't respect each other and both sides are to blame. This travels down to the grassroots, as at the end of the day, the PL sets the standard in English football.

Players need to be booked more for dissent, they've been allowed to talk like shite to refs for too long. Refs need to be more accountable and actually admit they can make mistakes, instead of interpreting different laws of the game depending which way the wind blows.

Not true in some of the pro game. Grassroots and semi pro is totally correct but trust me there is a strong level of professional respect between the ref and played some in the top 4 English divisions, especially towards the premier league refs.

27 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Leeds win this and they’re 5pts behind Liverpool. Crazy season this 

According to my Malaysian TV coverage Leeds are on course for European football. So we must be about to implode....??

38 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

To late we should have got him before Leeds, bigger clubs interested in him now and worth 60m+. To much for us now.

• Like 1