Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

55 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Southampton 8 points clear of the relegation zone :o

Their form has fallen off a cliff! 

1 point from last 24 Sky said. 

Got Everton A and Man City A coming up. 

Could really be dragged into relegation battle.

Chelsea could be a big risk to our top 4 place. Hopefully they go far in the CL but don’t win it

man u + liverpool + Everton their next 3 league fixtures. 

Arsenal + Burnley + Brighton our next 3. Hopefully we can take 7-9 points from those fixtures and put some distance between us

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Could we go for Ings now?

I'm not sure that he fits the profile Leicester are looking for.

He turns 29 this Summer and has had his share of injuries over his career.

I would much prefer a younger player who can grow with the club rather than someone closing in on the end of their career.

My guess is that he will end up at Spurs as Kanes understudy.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

West Ham will only listen to offers in excess of £100m for 22-year-old England midfielder Declan Rice. (Talksport)

😂😂😂

Hes absolutely brilliant. If he played for Man Utd or Liverpool you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Second man on the team sheet for England this summer after Kane for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's like something out of primary school. Totally patronising and embarrassing.

I'd like to see this, imagine all the piss taking comments while they clap on the ref! 

This has potential comedic value.

On a serious note it would be great if referees were respected. Any player showing dissent should be forced to ref a Sunday League game to see how hard it actually is.

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Chelsea could be a big risk to our top 4 place. Hopefully they go far in the CL but don’t win it

man u + liverpool + Everton their next 3 league fixtures. 

Arsenal + Burnley + Brighton our next 3. Hopefully we can take 7-9 points from those fixtures and put some distance between us

Hopefully Tuchel’s heavy handed man management will blow up on him at some stage and cause a loss of form. I’m concerned about West Ham . With the likes of Moyes and Lingaard at the club that cartoon about the elephant in the tree should apply to them and yet they keep winning and winning well :angry:

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Hopefully Tuchel’s heavy handed man management will blow up on him at some stage and cause a loss of form. I’m concerned about West Ham . With the likes of Moyes and Lingaard at the club that cartoon about the elephant in the tree should apply to them and yet they keep winning and winning well :angry:

West Ham will drop off I’m very confident of that. Their next run of fixtures are hideous and that should be enough for us to open up a tough lead for them to crack. 

Chelsea and Liverpool are the dangers. Both more than capable of putting a half decent run together that might be enough to catch us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

West Ham will only listen to offers in excess of £100m for 22-year-old England midfielder Declan Rice. (Talksport)

😂😂😂

Declan Rice would like to stay in London & Chelsea were in the drivers seat to make that happen but apparently it was  Lampard who wanted him. I can't see any other London club paying that kind of money for Rice.

13 hours ago, filbertway said:

Very good listen if you've got 20 minutes to spare. Can totally empathise with a lot of it, especially being annoyed at media and outsiders who have no real clue what's going on but tell the fans that they're wrong

I think it's that above all that's made me a bit more sympathetic than most with Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think it's that above all that's made me a bit more sympathetic than most with Newcastle.

How can you not feel for them ? Some of us can remember the despair of being managed by clowns, suspicious of the motives of owners and appalled at the lack of organisation , effort and basic ability of our players - it’s utterly soul destroying . I doubt Ashley is bothered , he is so wealthy and seems to enjoy being a dick for the sake of it 

If we keep averaging just short of 2 points every game like we have all season then we'll be in the top 4, we have navigated this tough run of 8 games well with 17 points on the board from it.

We now have what on paper appears a much easier run of games which we have to keep up the good work on as these are some of the games we have in the past slipped up on.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we keep averaging just short of 2 points every game like we have all season then we'll be in the top 4, we have navigated this tough run of 8 games well with 17 points on the board from it.

We now have what on paper appears a much easier run of games which we have to keep up the good work on as these are some of the games we have in the past slipped up on.

Providing we play well and win tomorrow I’d take a draw Sunday against arsenal and then hopefully a couple of wins in the next two

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

Very good listen if you've got 20 minutes to spare. Can totally empathise with a lot of it, especially being annoyed at media and outsiders who have no real clue what's going on but tell the fans that they're wrong

Bruce did decent at Sunderland when they finished mid table. He finished 10th in 10/11 with Sunderland. He finished 11th with Wigan in 08/09. IMO he overachieved with both Sunderland and Wigan getting them to mid table. But that was more than a decade ago. He was an alright manager back then but he has become progressively worse since. Football has passed him by. 

Bruce has a terrible win % at PL level because he's always in charge of bottom 6 type clubs (Wigan, Sunderland, Birmingham, Hull). Roy Hodgson has a 33% win rate at Palace and he's been there nearly 4 years. I haven't looked but I'm sure Pulis and Allardyce have similar numbers.

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Providing we play well and win tomorrow I’d take a draw Sunday against arsenal and then hopefully a couple of wins in the next two

Arsenal are 10th. They look so passive when they play. They played with Xhaka and El Neny in midfield against Man City. Our midfield should destroy those 2 and overrun them. BTW, they also play Thursday against Benfica - a much harder game than Slavia Prague. I'll be disappointed if we don't beat Arsenal. They aren't very good.

Edited by Koke

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Arsenal are 10th. They look so passive when they play. They played with Xhaka and El Neny in midfield against Man City. Our midfield should destroy those 2 and overrun them. BTW, they also play Thursday against Benfica - a much harder game than Sparta Prague. I'll be disappointed if we don't beat Arsenal. They aren't very good.

Yeah they have got just as much rest time as us, so it'll be a fairly close game IMO. I'd take a draw but there's no reason to think we can't beat them, they're 10th for a reason and every time I've watched them this season they just cross the ball in over and over again.

The difficult thing for Arsenal would be the double travel they’ve had to contend with, travelling to Rome on the Wednesday, fly back To England on Friday prepare to play the best team in the country on Sunday, then Wednesday fly out to Greece, before flying back home on the Friday to play the second best team in England away from home on the Sunday. 
It’s slightly tougher than the usual home and away games.