Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Getting tight as a frogs ass below us now.

we just need to focus on our own games and keep getting the wins. Sheffield won’t be easy but if we can get them early goals it will ease the anxiety real quick. Let’s get the 3 points and see how the chips fall around us.

• Like 1

I know Klopp sometimes can be a right **** but I feel for him atm. I hope he moves on a few players in the summer and gets the proper financial backing from the club to rejuvenate the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Funny that earlier in the season everyone was happy to see West Ham up with us "disrupting the big six", now they're not going away and threatening our CL spot they're not so welcome lol 

Well I’m pleased for them but obviously I wouldn’t want them taking a CL spot from us... 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

If we do miss out I’d far rather it Everton or West Ham that do us.  Last season watching Man Utd getting big decisions going their way every week was more of a wind up. I can’t be doing with a Tottenham winning run coming and nicking the last Champions League place from us with the media lapping it up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Barkley is up there with Bamford for most overated players.

Barkley has spells of brilliance but he'll never be in that top tier of players. More than good enough to propel Villa in to the top 6-8 though. 

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

I know Klopp sometimes can be a right **** but I feel for him atm. I hope he moves on a few players in the summer and gets the proper financial backing from the club to rejuvenate the squad. 

Why do you want one of the 'big six' to do well?

7 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

If we do miss out I’d far rather it Everton or West Ham that do us.  Last season watching Man Utd getting big decisions going their way every week was more of a wind up. I can’t be doing with a Tottenham winning run coming and nicking the last Champions League place from us with the media lapping it up.

Quite right. This is the thing with Tottenham, they get this (lets be honest) preferential media coverage/treatment, yet they never actual do anything. The rest of those <loadsmoney-six> do, and have on occasion, won stuff, but Spurs? Feck all, "ooh top 4", "ooh semi final", "ooh Harry Kane", give over you biased London media ass hats.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Interesting seeing Low is stepping down after the Euros as Germany's coach. I wonder if it would tempt Klopp. 

Absolutely, reduced working hours for a start, presumably based in Germany too. Absolutely the next step for him as a professional, all hypothetical of course.

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Interesting seeing Low is stepping down after the Euros as Germany's coach. I wonder if it would tempt Klopp. 

Rumour is they may promote from within and Stefan Kuntz the under 21 manager could get it

Klopp is the only “big” German manager I could see possibly getting it/going for it, maybe Ralf Ragnick

Edited by moore_94

45 minutes ago, Koke said:

Really? 

If anything it benefits us to see them fail. Of course, that isn't the reason we would end up in the top 4/6 - we get there by merit and picking up enough points to do so. Another club already in that category failing is a benefit for us and a bonus. 

I think it's fine to feel for Klopp (maybe linked to his personal reasons too) but to actively want a rival to get better for a position we want is odd. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Really? 

If anything it benefits us to see them fail. Of course, that isn't the reason we would end up in the top 4/6 - we get there by merit and picking up enough points to do so. Another club already in that category failing is a benefit for us and a bonus. 

I think it's fine to feel for Klopp (maybe linked to his personal reasons too) but to actively want a rival to get better for a position we want is odd. 

Fair point. I wasn't even thinking of LCFC. It was just from purely a Liverpool perspective. Obviously I would want a rival to be weakened all things considered.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I just find it quite freshing to see similar teams in statue to Leicester in the top 6 instead of the traditional teams

Yeah absolutely. But we're getting to the crunch end of the season and it's becoming squeaky bum time. I want everyone to lose, it's upsetting when they don't. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Funny that earlier in the season everyone was happy to see West Ham up with us "disrupting the big six", now they're not going away and threatening our CL spot they're not so welcome lol 

If the end of season comes and we finish 2nd or 3rd with WH alongside us I'll be happy again but for now they're a direct competitor. It would also feel better if we had a fully fit squad and were firing on all cylinders, I wouldn't worry quite so much about them (and Chelsea, Spurs etc) as a threat.