Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, David Hankey said:

And the City go marching on, good to see our old boy getting a brace, Soton in freefall

I don't feel you can judge a team when they are playing Man C. Overall Southampton played well, but playing out from the back is their undoing. They don't have the players to do it !!

Where were Man city on the weekend, could not get a goal against Man U. Man city can score 5 goals against the lesser teams but can never beat teams with the same high quality expensive players, that's also why they always get knocked out towards the latter stages of the CL. Also they can rest players like foden for one game and play him the following game while other teams like Southampton can't.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Leicester Dads said we wouldn't miss Mahrez because he "doesn't track back" lol

To fair he didn’t track back for us and he didn’t track back for Man City when he first went there

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Where were Man city on the weekend, could not get a goal against Man U. Man city can score 5 goals against the lesser teams but can never beat teams with the same high quality expensive players, that's also why they always get knocked out towards the latter stages of the CL. Also they can rest players like foden for one game and play him the following game while other teams like Southampton can't.

It's a bit of a Guardiola problem. Over a full season he can get some great consistency and smash teams left right and centre. However, in a single match or two legged tie he often becomes unstuck. You almost want to swap him with someone like Mourinho for those big games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Liverpool look a different team in the Champions League then. If they win it, and they've had knack of winning it, and finish below 4th what does that mean for 4th?

The Team that finishes 4th will be binned off and this place given to either of Spuds and Arsenal as a practice run for the new UCL format.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Liverpool look a different team in the Champions League then. If they win it, and they've had knack of winning it, and finish below 4th what does that mean for 4th?

If Liverpool or Chelsea win the UCL but don't finish in the top 4 in the PL and Man U, Spurs or Arsenal win the EL but don't finish in the top 4 then 4th place in the PL doesn't get a UCL place.:(

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Mahrez has been right on it for a few weeks now and standing out in a team of very good players.Pleasure to watch,One of the pundits on BBC said last week when you are facing Mahrez you know he be going past its just that you dont know which side!

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If Liverpool or Chelsea win the UCL but don't finish in the top 4 in the PL and Man U, Spurs or Arsenal win the EL but don't finish in the top 4 then 4th place in the PL doesn't get a UCL place.:(

to be fair, they would have actually won something !

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Liverpool will be all in for the Champions League now. And Chelsea are an outside bet. I think we'll need 3rd.

Is this confirmed that if Liverpool win the CL and finish outside the top 4, then only the top three get CL spots? Seen contradicting info all over the place on this. 

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Liverpool will be all in for the Champions League now. And Chelsea are an outside bet. I think we'll need 3rd.

Yes could well be. Liverpool have a good chance in the CL (although I don't rule them out of top 4 yet). Also I reckon one of the English clubs will win the Europa, wash my mouth out we may want it to be Manure

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

I thought this only happened if someone like Arsenal win the Europa League as well? If Liverpool win the CL and Arsenal win the EL and both finish outside of the top four, then fourth place would drop it's slot.

I'm sure there's a max of five UCL spots at the moment for the scenario where a team winning the UCL finishes outside of the UCL spaces, but if UCL and EL winners finish outside then one space is taken from the top four allocation?

That’s what I understood too. 

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

There's not a chance they get past Man City, Bayern or PSG over 2 legs.

• Like 3