Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I was having a look, i can see tottenham making it to the europa league final this year tbh (so was looking at the dates) but i was suprised to see the final was the 26th, only three days after we play them. 

Lovely if they make the final and lose.. perfect 😁

• Like 2

Chris Wilder left Sheffield United.

I presume there has been some sort of fallout over the future of the club and he hasn’t got assurances from the board over transfers etc ?

There had been stories of boardroom in fighting before.

Edited by Super_horns

This doesn't fit the LCFC narrative, he's supposed to leave after we beat them (hopefully) on Sunday.

Hmm the No Manager Bounce! :P

Sheff Utd wouldn't be a bad job for Lampard to go for. Parachute payments and a chance to make his mark on a club just dropping down, with a decent fanbase. If he took some experienced heads with him, he could have a good crack there. But I don't see him excepting a job outside the Prem.

• Like 1

Even though they've had a poor season, that is quite surprising.

Who else could've done a better job than he had, considering what he had to work with?

Am quite suspecting that there's another reason to this decision, other than their league position.

Look at Burnley and Norwich; both got relegated, but stuck with the manager and made the respective teams slightly better next time.

Edited by Wymsey

Very few times I am really gutted to see a man los a managers job like this

But Wilder is such a good bloke, i know so many people in the media and he is first class towards them, a sheffield united fan to

Modern football is a bit well ****ing shit isnt it

46 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Even though they've had a poor season, that is quite surprising.

Who else could've done a better job than he had, considering what he had to work with?

Am quite suspecting that there's another reason to this decision, other than their league position.

Look at Burnley and Norwich; both got relegated, but stuck with the manager and made the respective teams slightly better next time.

Tbf he has spent a lot of money on shit signings.

They overachived last season and I always felt this season would be the one where they struggle as many teams do. It's always the second season that's the most demanding because you've got to go and do it all again.

Norwich spent less than a million last season. I think they wanted to come up, get money, go down and have a go next time they were back in the division.

Edited by Fox92

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He spent shed loads of money on crap strikers and a rubbish keeper. 

Still not sure who the club expect to come in and do anything with them. They are already down. 

Harsh on Ramsdale - he's not been helped by all of their first choice CBs being out.

Agree on the strikers though. What on earth.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think Ramsdale is shocking tbh.

Dean Henderson looks much more reassured, generally speaking, despite his mistake last night.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Obviously not to do with the league position, otherwise he'd have been out months ago. And obviously not to do with PL status being threatened either, since they've been down for months too. 

Seems like they've either decided he isn't the one to take them forward, or there's been a falling out between him and the top brass

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Dean Henderson looks much more reassured, generally speaking, despite his mistake last night.

Yeah he has been a massive miss for them. That's the trouble though when a key player is only on loan from a top club. Similar to Villa when they came up; spent a lot of money but sort of had to because they had a fair few loan players in the Championship.

• Like 1

Wilder leaving Sheffield United, bad decision on blades part to allow Wilder to go. Despite a poor season I still feel there pushing above there wait anyway in terms of budget. I think he was the best man to bring them back. Seems like director of football appointment has peed him off.