Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I feel dirty wanting Leeds to win.......

Back in the late 60s-early 70s there was a mutial vendetta between the two clubs and their fans. Leeds, in particular, had more than their fair share of thugs (in the team, that is). A mate of mine, a weekend ref., met Terry Yorath one time, who told him that Revie and his (in)famous sidekick Les Cocker actually taught the players how to foul - an established training ground routine. This was at a time when hard men and hard tackling were accepted practice, but Leeds took it one step further. They never really got the silverware their skill deserved though - and Revie's win at all costs attitude probably backfired on him.

The matches between the two always resulted in some aggro at some point - usually involving Norman Hunter and Ron Harris putting it about a little too generously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How has Roberts been given Man of the Match lol

Rudiger or Ayling for me

I thought this. Bizarre choice. Totally agree that Rudiger and Ayling were excellent. Thought Christensen was fantastic too. Tyler Roberts though? Weird choice.