Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Liverpool are the only team in the chasing pack that have recent experience of winning many games on the spin, but I just don't see how they win 9 of their last 10 and even then its no guarantee they'd close the gap.

Let's hope they get a relatively favourable CL draw in the QF where they prioritise it and still balls it up.

• Haha 1

Important weekend for us. Definitely need that result against SU. But the other fixtures could start putting gaps in what's a tight top 7. Also torn about how I want the ManU vs WH game to fall. My heart wants ManU to lose but my head wants WH to lose.

Yeh in all honesty I'll take draws among all our rivals as the safest best. We really must put our games to bed when given these chances to take the lead. we've squandered so many its mind boggling. Rogers has to simply maintain that siege mentality in the players heads. Don't lose if you can't win and win if you know you can draw. Our team is good enough they just have to believe it themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

We want Man Utd to win, no doubt about that. All about the gap from 5th down

Absolutely. Man City and Man U are finishing top 4, it's everyone below us we need to drop points. Most critically we need to win points.

• Like 2

Opportunity knocks! Chelsea drew, Man U win or draw v West Ham, Arsenal  win or draw with Spurs and, most crucially, we win v Sheff U and we have a cushion going into the last 9 games. With players returning from injury, fixtures more spread out and the potential for Madders and Barnes to return for the last half dozen games or so, plus the experience we have to draw on from last year's mistakes - what could go wrong?.First off, just don't screw up tomorrow as we have in so many games like this in the past when opportunity has knocked! It is a pivotal game. Then, 5 additional wins and that will be a very tough target for any two of the chasers to overhaul. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

If we manage to win tomorrow, a draw between Man U and West Ham is what I’d be after

Exactly this, I'd rather be 2nd and have Utd the team people are chasing than 3rd looking over our shoulder (I know we wouldn't be clear but better to be 2nd than 3rd), keep it in our hands.

48 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Zaha really is petulant when someone dares to tackle him.

Oh god yeah. 

It's like the sympathy he had for being fouled tonnes last season - and rightly so - has made him feel like nobody else has the right to challenge for the ball. 

I'd love someone to wipe that entitled grimace off his face when he's pleading for a penalty. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

??

I'd imagine that's something to do with the 'ladsladslads' side of his life. 

Different expectations at Chelsea and b under Tuchel. What flew here under Rodgers might well not be okay at a bigger club under a different personality. 

Roy Hodgson in the first half had the look of a man who believes retirement is definitely more pleasurable than standing in the cold at a football match with no fans whilst a bloke 10 yards to his left loudly chomps on chewing gum with his mask under his chin.

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'd imagine that's something to do with the 'ladsladslads' side of his life. 

Different expectations at Chelsea and b under Tuchel. What flew here under Rodgers might well not be okay at a bigger club under a different personality. 

He has 2 goals and 4 assists apparently. Which is more than Havertz 

20210313_171206.thumb.jpg.260e04708cf433f68855a654845d8569.jpg
Edited by Koke

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

He has 2 goals and 4 assists apparently. Which is more than Havertz 

20210313_171206.thumb.jpg.260e04708cf433f68855a654845d8569.jpg

Which is why I said it was more to do with his personality rather than his ability. 

Had I said 'he hasn't got as many goals and assists as Havertz' you'd be bang on and I'd conceded. But I passed no comment on his ability and your post comes across as some weird defence over something that wasn't at discussion. 

The key points - Tuchel says he needs to be more serious & I agree suggesting his attitude at us under Rodgers might need to adapt for life at Chelsea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

Important weekend for us. Definitely need that result against SU. But the other fixtures could start putting gaps in what's a tight top 7. Also torn about how I want the ManU vs WH game to fall. My heart wants ManU to lose but my head wants WH to lose.

We need Man Utd to win. West Ham look very dangerous to me and the sooner they drop points the better. We're not going to catch Man City so it all about the other three places.

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

We need Man Utd to win. West Ham look very dangerous to me and the sooner they drop points the better. We're not going to catch Man City so it all about the other three places.

As threatening as Everton and west ham look to gatecrash the top 4, they are both on the Crest of a wave right now. 

If either maintain that wave, that'll have been winning 13 or 14 of the last 16 games come the end. I just find that highly unlikely. 

But agree with your point. I'll take a manU win

Hopefully,continued europa league will exhaust both manu and spurs in the coming weeks. Couldn't care less about Arsenal. 

10 minutes ago, reynard said:

double post

Edited by Webbo

9 minutes ago, reynard said:

It's not impossible for us to finish runners up so a West Ham win could do us a favour. It's a hard one to call.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

He really is so ridiculously overrated.

I honestly wouldn't swap him for Luke Thomas.

It’s quite funny that Chilwell’s 2 biggest faults, his final ball and his linkup play with Barnes are Thomas’ best attributes 

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

But who says the risk next season is less. Risk will be with us for years and years to come but it is very low. At least they are giving each team 1 game with fans. I think there are far greater risks than a football match (pubs, holidays abroad etc.).

Let's see how things go over the next few weeks. It's down to the government to decide.

Well am glad you told me it’s for the government to decide, I thought it was in my hands, phew!!