Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It's up to the board to go out and get Wilder's key targets. That's their job, to trust the manager and buy the players he and his team have identified. 

They were always going to have to pay through the nose because of their status as a club. Although Brewster and McBurnie were Championship players who'd never played in the PL before, so their fees were way over the top really. Berge you can understand as he came with a good reputation. Ramsdale however is just shite. 

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So it sounds like Wilder is going because he refused to concede on being the decision maker on transfers. The board pointed to Ramsdale and Brewster as to why he shouldn't be. 

Perfectly fair enough IMO. He's wasted a lot of money on very average players. 

If they don't trust him to make good transfers they should move him on. Ollie McBurnie is never a Premier League player. To spend £20m on a poundland Andy Carroll is really bad. Right decision to sack him (even if he officially walked). Get a manager in who has a team around him who have a better eye for players.

The more I watch Sheffield United and the more I watch Chris Wilder, I start to rate him less and less. He's not a PL level manager and he sounds like a right cvnt in interviews.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

The unfair advantage has already happened earlier on in the season though hasn’t it!! Tbf for 1/2 game is it really worth the risk? 

But who says the risk next season is less. Risk will be with us for years and years to come but it is very low. At least they are giving each team 1 game with fans. I think there are far greater risks than a football match (pubs, holidays abroad etc.).

Let's see how things go over the next few weeks. It's down to the government to decide.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I does specifically say away teams. Probably feels like it does happen a lot, but it might be occurance where its the home team.

And it has to be the away team scoring the first goal of the match (so 1-0) not just taking the lead. This stat is very specific but still 3 times is very low in 1,000s of games.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

If they don't trust him to make good transfers they should move him on. Ollie McBurnie is never a Premier League player. To spend £20m on a poundland Andy Carroll is really bad. Right decision to sack him (even if he officially walked). Get a manager in who has a team around him who have a better eye for players.

The more I watch Sheffield United and the more I watch Chris Wilder, I start to rate him less and less. He's not a PL level manager and he sounds like a right cvnt in interviews.

Though this wont happen....before I could say if Wilder is a PL manager, I would like to see him manage competitive PL Teams like Newcastle, Brighton or a decent WBA....One could say Wilder is at the stage Pearson was before Pearson came back to Leicester  on Unfinished business...his Next 2 jobs will define his history...

I rate Pearson, But thats my personal-like..!!!  After Leicester he still hasnt Stamped

his management-characteristics around any potential PL-middle-level team. and Level...

We have Made Fun of Mark Hughes, Pardew, Pulis, Bruce etc..but they have all had semi-decent PL careers...Just didn t reach that Next level...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The board didn’t have to sanction the transfer though. Of course it’s more down to Wilder but the board have to take some of the blame. 

Of course they do, but any good organisation will seek to make sure they don’t cock up with that kind of cash again. Slightly amending the infrastructure to do so is totally sensible. That’s how majority of modern football clubs run anyway, wilder needs to quieten down and maybe think about what he’s got wrong this year before his next management job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

When will commentators learn to work out when it’s probably offside and stop getting excited ! 

Because the linesman didn't put his flag up and they want to get excited that it could be a goal? I don't see the problem lol

Just now, StanSP said:

Because the linesman didn't put his flag up and they want to get excited that it could be a goal? I don't see the problem lol

I do when it’s a goal we want to stand!  

I guess it’s more the definitive statement they make when the ball goes in rather than saying it may be a goal or they could have taken the lead .....

No, I am sort of watching it, it’s just got a bit flat now, plus McManaman is a fanboy for the same old clubs, so need to limit the viewing/listening a bit

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

What an effort from Chillers lol

"LEEDS 0-0 CHELSEA

63: There's a reason Chilwell doesn't score too many. He's unmarked as he takes the ball in his stride and into the box, but toe-pokes it wide under minimal pressure from Harrison" 

Gave me a bloody good laugh on the train lol

• Haha 2