Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

The most important thing is that we just do our job. Win our games and it's irrelevant what others do. If we can't win - then it becomes important. I like to just tick games off at this stage of the season and if we're still top four after each round then we're doing fine. 

If I was pushed on Man Utd v West Ham then I'd go for a draw as I don't think either are nailed on top four yet and the more teams behind us the better. If not a draw then I suppose I would go for a Man Utd win (even if that makes me feel physically sick). I think if the momentum of Everton and West Ham is broken then they'd struggle to recover as both are going to drop a few points between now and the end of the season. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Exactly this, I'd rather be 2nd and have Utd the team people are chasing than 3rd looking over our shoulder (I know we wouldn't be clear but better to be 2nd than 3rd), keep it in our hands.

My thinking too and doesn’t leave us in the middle of the pack we have more teams under us to drop points hopefully 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Everton vs Burnley, 2 more shite teams. Everton the worst team I've seen against us this season when we played them at Goodison. Still no idea how we didn't win that game comfortably 

They were awful and we created well enough to have won, anyway Burnley win please 

43 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not impossible for us to finish runners up so a West Ham win could do us a favour. It's a hard one to call.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I’d always go for a draw, it’s one point each and one in the bin.

Defo Manure win for me ...  hard to type it let alone think it ...  but probably best for us ...  

And if Slabbo scored an own goal then got red carded that would lessen the pain.

• Like 1

If you are a Burnley fan, you have Osman as a pundit being really annoyingly non-neutral, followed by cheeky Scouse git Carragher in co-commentary.

It's as if they are trying to generate angry responses. lol

Jeez.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Defo Manure win for me ...  hard to type it let alone think it ...  but probably best for us ...  

And if Slabbo scored an own goal then got red carded that would lessen the pain.

I agree, need to make a gap between us and 5th ... forget trying to finish second and hope Man U don’t pick up points, we need West Ham, Chelsea Everton and Tottenham to drop points. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

We want Man Utd to win, no doubt about that. All about the gap from 5th down

That's what my head would say. My heart has faith in our club to fight to finish second. By saying ManU should win you're saying they're not our competition, the teams behind us are. That kind of pragmaticism isn't what my heart wants. That and I hate ManU lol. Deep seated, decades long hate of ManU.