Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

43 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No reason why it shouldn't if all over 40s are vaccinated by Easter....

Only one though.

44 minutes ago, Corky said:

I still don't see it happening.

Yes - might be a ruse to give people hope and stick to the rules .

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just me who finds it really odd that this has only happened 3 times in 28 years? Am I reading that correctly? That sounds like the kind of thing that would happen at least once a season. I find that very odd.

One of them was us at Watford last season as well.

How late was Chilwell’s goal against Watford? Just after lockdown, I feel that was way later than Villa’s goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

How late was Chilwell’s goal against Watford? Just after lockdown, I feel that was way later than Villa’s goal.

We scored in 90th minute.

Watford equalised in 93rd minute

Yesterday Villa scored in 86th and Newcastle in 94th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MiDuck55 said:

We scored in 90th minute.

Watford equalised in 93rd minute

Yesterday Villa scored in 86th and Newcastle in 94th

I just had to check that as I remembered it as Chilwell scoring with about 10 mins to go but it clearly wasn't right. That was a cruel few mins, oh what could have been.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just me who finds it really odd that this has only happened 3 times in 28 years? Am I reading that correctly? That sounds like the kind of thing that would happen at least once a season. I find that very odd.

I does specifically say away teams. Probably feels like it does happen a lot, but it might be occurance where its the home team.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Fans to be at the last 2 rounds of fixtures.

Would please those who were worried only having supporters for one round would bring an unfair advantage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381482

The unfair advantage has already happened earlier on in the season though hasn’t it!! Tbf for 1/2 game is it really worth the risk? 

20 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

The unfair advantage has already happened earlier on in the season though hasn’t it!! Tbf for 1/2 game is it really worth the risk? 

I think I'd rather just wait for next season from an overall point of view. However, if there's a possibility of it helping in our last game, from a selfish point I'm not adverse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

True some teams did have fans so there might have been an advantage.

Liverpool managed to win a couple of home games for example !

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Football is not the finest example of crowds of people minding their own personal space. I've not missed certain aspects of matchday.

I’m certainly putting the fact I’ve not even had the slightest sniffle this year down to a year away from the KP lol 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Especially with teams like Man U conceding late and then looking for a penalty.

These statistics are a bit contrived, what are the figures for teams scoring as late as the 85th or 84th minute? A better start would be away teams scoring first in the last 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Yeah. Nearly 30 years of Premier League football and its only happened 3 times? Surprising.

These are all the stats that the bookies analysts are all over. 

Basically there's been about 11000 Premier League games and they know that it's happened 3 times, so 1 in 3500 say... but they'll probably offer 6/1 for the draw with the remaining minutes to play. 

It would be interesting to know how many times the team has scored late on and then gone on to win. I'd imagine about 300 times out of the 11000 games? It still would make it 100/1 for the equaliser. 

Edited by Collymore

So it sounds like Wilder is going because he refused to concede on being the decision maker on transfers. The board pointed to Ramsdale and Brewster as to why he shouldn't be. 

Perfectly fair enough IMO. He's wasted a lot of money on very average players. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So it sounds like Wilder is going because he refused to concede on being the decision maker on transfers. The board pointed to Ramsdale and Brewster as to why he shouldn't be. 

Perfectly fair enough IMO. He's wasted a lot of money on very average players. 

The board didn’t have to sanction the transfer though. Of course it’s more down to Wilder but the board have to take some of the blame.