Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kane is the golden boy of English football and worshipped by everyone in England and the media.

I believe Kane could do a dump on the Emirates stadium pitch and he’d still be regarded as the darling of English football.

To be fair you would have to respect that.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That's a red card in rugby these days. I'm not actually joking by the way, I think that'd be a red, even ignoring the fact he doesn't wrap his arms around because obviously footballers don't do that. 

He'd get mitigation because first contact is with the shoulder but with any contact to the head the ref starts with the highest possible punishment and any mitigating circumstances just bring it down. 

In this instance, Kane is quite clearly travelling in to the tackle with force looking to hit the player as hard as he can and leads with the shoulder. Minimum he'd get is a sin binning but I reckon he'd walk. 

i see that as akin to shearer booting lenny in the head …...its a disgrace that VAR doesn't bring that to oliver's attention.  that's a straight red for violent conduct imo. i see no other way of looking at it . ……...

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

How does Brewster still get into the England U21 squad. Got nothing in front of goal this season and barely features for Sheffield United anymore

He'll be out when they realise he's left Liverpool.

New Tv fixtures 

Saturday 3 April

12:30 Chelsea v West Brom (BT Sport)
15:00 Leeds v Sheff Utd (Amazon Prime)
17:30 Leicester v Man City (Sky Sports)*
20:00 Aston Villa v Fulham (Sky Sports)

Sunday 4 April

12:00 Southampton v Burnley (Sky Sports)
14:05 Newcastle v Spurs (Sky Sports)
16:30 Arsenal v Liverpool (Sky Sports)*
19:30 Man Utd v Brighton (BT Sport)

Monday 5 April

18:00 Everton v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)
20:15 Wolves v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Friday 9 April

20:00 Fulham v Wolves (BT Sport)

Saturday 10 April

12:30 Man City v Leeds (BT Sport)
15:00 Liverpool v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
17:30 Crystal Palace v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Sunday 11 April

12:00 Burnley v Newcastle (Sky Sports)
14:05 West Ham v Leicester (Sky Sports)
16:30 Spurs v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
19:00 Sheff Utd v Arsenal (BT Sport)

Monday 12 April

18:00 West Brom v Southampton (Sky Sports)
20:15 Brighton v Everton (Sky Sports)

*subject to change dependent on participation of Premier League clubs in the UEFA Champions League the next Tuesday

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What’s the asterisk for? 

A chance Man City might be moved again subject to the European draw?

From what I can gather it will swap with the Arsenal v Liverpool depending on who’s drawn to play on the following Tuesday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What’s the asterisk for? 

A chance Man City might be moved again subject to the European draw?

Sounds like it'll only get moved (to Sunday) if Man City will play on the Wednesday?

Just now, jammie82uk said:

From what I can gather it will swap with the Arsenal v Liverpool depending on who’s drawn to play on the following Tuesday 

Exactly. If Liverpool are drawn to play the Tuesday after the games will be swapped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

No, it's the Sunday Tuesday issue. 

Yeah so if Liverpool are drawn to play on the Tuesday and Man City on the Wednesday, we'll then play on the Sunday and Arsenal/Liverpool is moved back to the Saturday?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

i see that as akin to shearer booting lenny in the head …...its a disgrace that VAR doesn't bring that to oliver's attention.  that's a straight red for violent conduct imo. i see no other way of looking at it . ……...

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not so I'm not sure how/if to answer lol

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I got too used to/enjoyed the relentless fixture schedule for us since the start of the season through to a few weeks ago, feels like there's an absolute age between our matches these days.

I said before I am enjoying it, the forum is less howling.

My next door neighbour is a Blade too - that's quite funny.

9 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kane is the golden boy of English football and worshipped by everyone in England and the media.

I believe Kane could do a dump on the Emirates stadium pitch and he’d still be regarded as the darling of English football.

Not true, he isn't by me. My worshipping is strictly limited to Vardyism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is Kane the golden boy of English football? I can see why Spurs fans love him but he's done nothing for the rest of English football. Play some minnow in the group stage he might get a goal or score a pen'. But then goes missing once we have to play an above average team. He's crap when it actually matters for England. I can't stand him in an England shirt and by default I can't stand him in a Spurs shirt. He's not exactly a good interview, seemingly has no personality, so why is he the golden boy of English football? 

9 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Every single person I know (excluding Spurs fans) thinks Kane is a massive bellend, as do I

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Every single person I know (excluding Spurs fans) thinks Kane is a massive bellend, as do I

He makes me wish Marcin was still here. Noticed that on Red Cafe they have a whole thread about his backing into jumping players. Dangerous and irresponsible, and he should be cited.

Wolves are a tough team for anyone, really solid outfit.

A draw here is almost as good as a loss, Liverpool. About 66pts will give a team about a 50% chance of top four and Liverpool would need W7 D2 L1 just to get there.