Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Wood is a very good player. Despite his size, he was actually s**** in the air when he was at us and he's improved that massively. More mobile than he's given credit for. Somebody like him would be an ideal option for us to have off the bench.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Wood is a very good player. Despite his size, he was actually s**** in the air when he was at us and he's improved that massively. More mobile than he's given credit for. Somebody like him would be an ideal option for us to have off the bench.

Somehow I think he would prefer to start for Burnley rather than polish our bench - again.

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

This place.  I reckon if Joelinton has a good game against us people will be clamouring for us to sign him.

We won't sign Wood because:

A) We don't play that way

B) He's not good enough.

He'd be more than good enough to be a third choice striker, but it's never gonna happen as he can be first choice at clubs like Burnley.

Mcneil with two assists too :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I read earlier this week that Spurs were considering Nuno as a replacement!

Perhaps it's true and he, as well as the Wolves players, have lost focus.

Sack one negative Portuguese manager and replace him with another. Sounds Spursy to me 

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He'd be more than good enough to be a third choice striker, but it's never gonna happen as he can be first choice at clubs like Burnley.

Mcneil with two assists too :ph34r:

I think that Rodgers favours players with a high degree of technical ability rather than a lump in the box to aim at.  He's also not the kind of manager to abandon principles during a game if we are losing and go route one.  There's no place for Chris Wood or similar.

• Like 3

Being 3-0 down at ht at home to Burnley should result in instant relegation. Wolves have been proper shite this season. The top 11 teams except Everton are all decent, the rest are honking! 

Edited by jayfox26

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think that Rodgers favours players with a high degree of technical ability rather than a lump in the box to aim at.  He's also not the kind of manager to abandon principles during a game if we are losing and go route one.  There's no place for Chris Wood or similar.

Agreed, but I don't think he's that bad of a footballer tbf, technically he's obviously not brilliant but he's not poor either.

22 minutes ago, murphy said:

This place.  I reckon if Joelinton has a good game against us people will be clamouring for us to sign him.

We won't sign Wood because:

A) We don't play that way

B) He's not good enough.

The amount of times people bang on about former players and what if we had kept them etc. The only former player that would get anywhere near our starting 11 is Mahrez. I wouldn't even have Kante over Ndidi. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The amount of times people bang on about former players and what if we had kept them etc. The only former player that would get anywhere near our starting 11 is Mahrez. I wouldn't even have Kante over Ndidi. 

If we were an arm wrestling team I would have him any day. These kiwis bend iron bars for fun.

As much as I don't like his style of play at times and his woe is me schtick, you can't deny Dyche is a very competent Premier League manager. Plenty arrive with big reputations and flatter to deceive, Dyche sticks to what he knows and has dragged players up to this level like Wood.

Fair play to him.

• Like 2

I'll be cheering on Man Utd.

I think if they can put a bit of pressure on Man City it will keep them honest when they play Chelsea in the league and will motivate Man Utd to keep up the pressure against Liverpool..

Also Man Utd play us as their third game in five days so it might be good if they rest some players as they should have nothing to play for by then. Any hopes of Man Utd not getting top four are now gone.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

As much as I don't like his style of play at times and his woe is me schtick, you can't deny Dyche is a very competent Premier League manager. Plenty arrive with big reputations and flatter to deceive, Dyche sticks to what he knows and has dragged players up to this level like Wood.

Fair play to him.

I'm pleased for Dyche and Burnley. I don't mind them staying up though I wish Fulham stay up too though can't see that now.

Some people on here tried to tell me last season how Wilder was the better manager on the back of 1 good season. Dyche has provided consistency for Burnley and staying up in the top flight is big for them.

Can't stand Wolves. So full of it when they come up, despite the fact that included spending millions in the Championship in the first place, and the media latched onto them too.

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fair play to him.

I respect his achievements up to a point, but he should never be linked with us when we have a managerial vacancy.