Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

12 minutes ago, turlo said:

here we go! chelsea will have to put in a shift now and knacker them out for the weekend

Also means they’ll probably need to beat us in the league rather than just play out a draw. Can’t get my head around all the permutations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Also means they’ll probably need to beat us in the league rather than just play out a draw. Can’t get my head around all the permutations.

Mental ain’t it ? Still not sure how I want this to pan out for the reasons you have stated 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've gone for demoralisation. But it's a very fine line.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Them playing for a draw versus us would mean Liverpool have likely lost tomorrow. There's no incentive to play for the draw unless that happens.

Arsenal winning or even drawing here is good for us. Gives us knowledge that beating Chelsea gets us top 4 come what may.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They won't just play for a draw and it will make zero difference to how Tuchel approaches the game next week. I'd rather have their sky high confidence dented and for them to have to work as hard as possible tonight in ahead of the game on Sunday. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

They won't just play for a draw and it will make zero difference to how Tuchel approaches the game next week. I'd rather have their sky high confidence dented and for them to have to work as hard as possible tonight in ahead of the game on Sunday. 

I totally agree, but the game is Saturday 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

Chelsea are not gods. Even with players missing, they aren’t perfect. Extremely good, but not invulnerable. Coaching staff need to be in the ears of our players all week saying ‘we can beat these’ at every possible opportunity. If we play them ten times right now, I reckon we’d lose six, draw two and win two. Attitude and mindset of club will determine which of the ten Saturday turns out to be. We’ve got to be quicker and more direct to break that press and unsettle them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Earle said:

As in lacking in subtlety? And bleeding’ obvious then?

Yes. Tuchel is not a genius. He is just a moderately competent manager who has take over a very good squad (from Frank Lampard) and has done OK. We are definitely on for the cup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Plagiarist :ph34r:

Oh dear, had you said similar Peaky? I rarely read previous pages in threads so if you did, you’ll have to take my word it’s pure coincidence. 

Well, obviously you don’t HAVE to take my word, but I’d hope you would?!?

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Oh dear, had you said similar Peaky? I rarely read previous pages in threads so if you did, you’ll have to take my word it’s pure coincidence. 

Well, obviously you don’t HAVE to take my word, but I’d hope you would?!?

It's hugely unwise to read previous comments. I'd never say a word if I did. Because HPF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2