Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

15 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

No way....a Chelsea victory is much better for us

How so? I’ve seen people say this but I don’t understand it. If Arsenal get anything tonight, we can guarantee top 4 (most likely also top 3) by beating Chelsea next week.

I somewhat get the whole play for a draw thing, but for that scenario to play out, we’re also depending on Liverpool losing tomorrow night. And I’m not at all certain that’ll happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

No way....a Chelsea victory is much better for us

Liverpool still have 12 points to play for therfore  Arsenal to win tonight and Man Utd to beat Liverpool on Thursday would be perfect.

• Thanks 1

Chelsea dropping points tonight is tremendously beneficial to us. Because then we can beat them to secure a finish above them next week which is basically interchangeable with a top 4 finish. There are 2 paths to the top 4: finish above Chelsea or Liverpool. Route for the outcome that gives us more options.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We are capable of bottling it. We lost to Newcastle and people were confident about Southampton. You never know. I think we should be nervous until we get there.

Not saying we're not, just pointing out the calculations being used were incorrect

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It doesn't really matter what happens tonight.  Tomorrow is where it happens.

But this is why tonight does matter.  If Liverpool lose to Man Utd we're looking good no matter what.  But what if they win?  We'd certainly look at tonight and wish Chelsea had dropped points, allowing a win or maybe even draw against them to clinch.  If CHE win tonight + LIV win tomorrow we're looking at needing 4 points from the last 2. 

If Chelsea drop points today there are so many more paths to get CL.  I don't buy the fantasy that Chelsea effectively throw their game against us if they've already clinched.  And again, WHAT IF LIVERPOOL WIN.

• Like 3