Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest ttfn

I don’t remember anybody complaining about the integrity of the league when we made loads of changes for the Palace game this season and the West Ham game last season.

That said, let’s have this right. Plenty of Leicester fans would be absolutely raging if the shoe was on the other foot. It is unfair on Liverpool, but **** them, they didn’t want to be in the Champions League anyway two weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I don’t remember anybody complaining about the integrity of the league when we made loads of changes for the Palace game this season and the West Ham game last season.

That said, let’s have this right. Plenty of Leicester fans would be absolutely raging if the shoe was on the other foot. It is unfair on Liverpool, but **** them, they didn’t want to be in the Champions League anyway two weeks ago. 

It pains me to say this but why is everyone losing sight of the fact the team its most unfair on is United 

I dare say they'd rather have not had to play like sixty games of football in half an hour or whatever it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It pains me to say this but why is everyone losing sight of the fact the team its most unfair on is United 

I dare say they'd rather have not had to play like sixty games of football in half an hour or whatever it is. 

I think because it's their fans that are the reason for all this - so, hard to feel too sorry for them.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Yep. We've been in this position twice and had to adapt. Rodgers won't have wanted to do it any more than Solksjaer did but that is what you are left with. Somebody will be affected by it externally too.

Liverpool failing to reach the top four won't be because we played a weaker (but still enough experience and talent with three key players coming off the bench) Man United team, it'll be not beating Fulham twice, Newcastle twice, Brighton twice and losing six in a row at home. And it isn't actually over yet, they could be back to three points behind us with a better run-in by Sunday afternoon.

Guest ttfn

Also I should add:

It is unfair on Liverpool and West Ham and Everton. It’s not just Liverpool chasing the CL positions.

It's got nothing to do with Liverpool or anyone else what Man Utd do with their squad. The same way Klopp is entitled to pick whatever team he wants in the cup. Teams make changes all the time for various reasons, the games at the end of a European group stage for example.

We've been poor of late and it obviously helped but it's disrespectful to claim that we only won because of the changes. Desperate people will claim this is the only reason we finish top 4 despite spending the best part of 2 seasons there. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Also I should add:

It is unfair on Liverpool and West Ham and Everton. It’s not just Liverpool chasing the CL positions.

True but I suppose Liverpool are the biggest news because they also play Man United this week. West Ham, as we've said, could've benefitted from us, a much better team than them last season, making 9 changes for our match so it's swings and roundabouts.

No doubt as time progresses the Man United team will change from being a mixture of squad players who've played a lot of first team games and international caps plus a couple of debutants with three top players as subs to mostly unheard-of kids and juniors.

Good on Simon Jordan for calling out Sinclair's flawed logic too. Man United played their weakest team against the team that could catch them.

Lampard favourite to take over from Roy at Palace. Wouldn't be a bad move, would need to reinvent Palace's style of play from ground up and would let him actually figure out the style of manager he will be. Imagine Chelsea loanees would follow. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Lampard favourite to take over from Roy at Palace. Wouldn't be a bad move, would need to reinvent Palace's style of play from ground up and would let him actually figure out the style of manager he will be. Imagine Chelsea loanees would follow. 

Only allowed one loan player from another premier league side I believe 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is perfect then lol he’d take them down. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Liverpool's spell as champions:

- Lost their first game after being crowned champions 4-0 - the biggest in decades for new champions

- furloughed 55 of their staff until there was a backlash

- attempted a hostile money and power grab with 'Project Big Picture'

- voted to charge their own fans £14.99 per match to watch them play.

- one of these matches was a 7-2 defeat to Aston Villa, the first time a reigning champion had conceded 7 for almost SEVENTY YEARS.

- became the first reigning champions EVER to lose 6 home games consecutively (previous record was 4).

- conspired with 5 other English clubs behind the backs of everyone else to set up a rival European league that would have bankrupted the last two competitions they'd won AND the hundreds of other clubs that participate in it.

- they couldn't have a trophy lift in front of their fans.

- they couldn't have an open top bus parade.

- they couldn't even go to Old Trafford as Champions.

I think the last 3 are my favourites.

Worst champions ever.

Yet you still get their plastics posting “MY CLUB ❤️❤️“ all over social media.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I think I want Chelsea to win tonight. I don't want them to have anything to play for when we next play them in the league.

If they win it'll take them to 67 which is still within reach of Liverpool, even if they drop 2 points against United, so they'll still have everything to play for against us. Losing our game would effect their goal difference to a degree which would only be to Liverpool's advantage also.

If Arsenal beat Chelsea and we beat Chelsea it's done and dusted for us regardless of what Liverpool do. If Arsenal hammer them by 3 + it may be we only need to hold them to a draw and require only draw against Spurs to edge them on goal difference. 

So yeah we should want Arsenal to win.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

If they win it'll take them to 67 which is still within reach of Liverpool, even if they drop 2 points against United, so they'll still have everything to play for against us. Losing our game would effect their goal difference to a degree which would only be to Liverpool's advantage also.

If Arsenal beat Chelsea and we beat Chelsea it's done and dusted for us regardless of what Liverpool do. If Arsenal hammer them by 3 + it may be we only need to hold them to a draw and require only draw against Spurs to edge them on goal difference. 

So yeah we should want Arsenal to win.

If Chelsea win, and get to 67 points, and Liverpool draw, the Chelsea drawing with us will mean Liverpool can't catch them. I do like the idea of arsenal beating them, us beating them in the Cup final, then beating them again and costing them a top 4 place!

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I think I want Chelsea to win tonight. I don't want them to have anything to play for when we next play them in the league.

I understand this idea, but I’m not sure I agree. For ‘have nothing to play for’ you could just as easily say ‘can play without pressure.’

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Worst champions ever.

In the 30's, not sure if it was Man City's first title or not, but they won it then got relegated the following season so I think that takes some beating.

Edited by Fox92
Typo...

2 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

I understand this idea, but I’m not sure I agree. For ‘have nothing to play for’ you could just as easily say ‘can play without pressure.’

Yes. I've thought about it and I want them to lose badly and be demoralised for the FA Cup. (And I want a massive brawl that results in multiple suspensions).

I can't see this current Chelsea side losing three consecutive games which we'd want them to do if we want them to lose to Arsenal and naturally us twice. More realistic hope is that they draw tonight, lose the final and draw next week. I get that we want to be fighting for one of two places to hedge our bets but I'd just as soon concede that Chelsea have 3rd if our game against them becomes easier in terms of their commitment and team selection.

2 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

I think because it's their fans that are the reason for all this - so, hard to feel too sorry for them.  

Let's not start showing animosity to those who protested an attempt to screw over all but a select few 'elite' clubs all over Europe.