Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We'll never know what effect the Lockdown/pandemic had on the league this season. A lot of clubs had better away than home records. The matches were spread about at different times and days. Rival teams didn't play their games at the same time, creating different pressures. It's affected everyone, not just us. Would we have been higher or lower in a normal season :dunno:

That is true. Even so, the table has a sickeningly familiar look about it today, pandemic or not. Let's hope there's a twist in the ending this time though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tuchel is right up there in the league of Klopp for talking utter self sympathy seeking shite. 

Reckons Chelsea have a disadvantage having to play away last day with fans. 

YOU HAD FANS ON TUESDAY YOU MUPPET 

Yep, he's lost the plot the last week or so. Heard some stuff that apparently he's not an easy guy to work with from a board perspective so imagine that's the kind of thing that also causes issues and friction with players a few years down the line.

49 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Man City did drop down to the 3rd Div in 1998 and have had 25 seasons in Div 2.

Chelsea like many teams bounced around Div 1 & 2, winning the league in the mid 50's, the odd cup until the Russian money came in and ruined English football.

There are really only two giants of modern day football in England - Liverpool and Man Utd 

this is purely down to their ‘historic global fan base’ which grew massively in the second half of the twentieth century 

behind them sit Arsenal with a ‘rich’ 20th C history across many decades which was pushed into more global significance when Wenger arrived 

then a gap to chelsea 

And finally Man City (whose financial size is purely down to them being owned by an oil rich country and gerrymandering their accounts) and Spurs who are a strange mish mash of the five above them in terms of history and financial hocus pocus …..

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Friend of a friend tried rubbing it in that we were likely missing out on CL (He's a Liverpool fan) and genuinely couldn't seem to understand that I'd be happy with an FA cup win and a Europa spot. 

We live in different worlds, that's the thing.

The Champions League is the be all and end all for some. Not for me. A great bonus if we get there but any sort of European football is fine.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tuchel is right up there in the league of Klopp for talking utter self sympathy seeking shite. 

So then, he’s scared. Getting his excuses in early. Ha. Good thing to put in the head of his players. We can do this. Come on!!!!!!!

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

Got a few Man City mates, all 40+, and all good lads, they all keep their Div2 / Div3 years (and various other calamities) in mind and don't go batshiit crazy if things don't go exactly to plan.

Maybe younger fans are bred on a diet of Champions league being a holy grail.

I just want to enjoy the few highlights and sparkling moments in amongst the dross we've served up over the past 40 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Yep, he's lost the plot the last week or so. Heard some stuff that apparently he's not an easy guy to work with from a board perspective so imagine that's the kind of thing that also causes issues and friction with players a few years down the line.

Tbf he looks like a bit of a prikk, just from his constant smacked-arse face. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Corky said:

We live in different worlds, that's the thing.

The Champions League is the be all and end all for some. Not for me. A great bonus if we get there but any sort of European football is fine.

Pretty much agree with that. 

Champions League would be great, only because we could attract better players & keep the likes of Tielemans, N'didi etc. I'm not actually too fussed  otherwise though.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Cant stand him. Normally I like foreign managers when they first come over. Klopp was pretty entertaining at first and even Mourinho when he was first at Chelsea then over time they both became massive bell ends. It only taken Tuchel a few months to turn into a moaning bell end! 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Knew it was too good to be true. Why did I expect fan groups to be involved. It was always going to be like this 

Such a shame. I was on an FSF zoom call about this a few weeks ago and everyone felt really positive about it.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Such a shame. I was on an FSF zoom call about this a few weeks ago and everyone felt really positive about it.

I can imagine there was real positivity about what could be and how this could change critical things. But it's apparent that won't be the case, what do any of them know about the normal match going fan? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I can imagine there was real positivity about what could be and how this could change critical things. But it's apparent that won't be the case, what do any of them know about the normal match going fan? 

Nothing. That's why they're on there, really. 

Got to ring fence the perks at the top whilst paying lip service to the money that makes it possible from the fans.