Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I think Liverpool will probably win it again but no reason why we can’t aim for top 3 this year. X 

Hope you are right grumble ...  but in the dark recesses of my mind I can’t help thinking we are a couple of injuries away from a real struggle to get in the top half ..  

17 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

OGS has to go surly, the blokes not got a clue, his record is shocking, why was he even hired, 😂😂😂😂😂

Unlikely to happen. I don't think it's in his nature to lose his temper.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shailen said:

The league is there for the taking and we've been as good as anyone so far. Put together a run, keep players fit and with a bit of luck we could be in the race again. 

No chance with European football as well, especially not with our injuries.

No reason we can't achieve Europe via league position again though.

Man utd cant deal when a side transitions in formations so how the hell they'll be about to finish top 4 is beyond me. I hope Maguire is looking at the table and at us and if he is I bet he's thinking "ahh well who needs passion anymore when I'm on £200k+ a week and the worse my man utd side play then the better it will hide how shit I am"

We let these coonts beat us to champs league.  Sigh...lol

You can sack the manager but i think the managers in general are not the problem at united (OGS shouldnt be mgr there to begin with though). Something is rotten at united and to me that is fantastic. Think woodward needs to go and the glazers as well. If you are a utd fan you can't be happy with how the club has become a joke of a club  since Sir Alex retired.

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Man utd cant deal when a side transitions in formations so how the hell they'll be about to finish top 4 is beyond me. I hope Maguire is looking at the table and at us and if he is I bet he's thinking "ahh well who needs passion anymore when I'm on £200k+ a week and the worse my man utd side play then the better it will hide how shit I am"

Honestly I don't think Maguire gives a shit about us, he's earning huge amounts of money and is probably just as likely to win a trophy at United than here. If they sack Ole and get a decent manager in they'll be right in the top 4 race again. Plus, they've got CL football, he wouldn't have that here.

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Well we were 14 points ahead of them last season and they overtook us. They have very good players and will finish top 6 at least. As soon as the click they are capable of going on a good run just like last season.Maguire is playing Champions League football and we aren't. Far from clear who's having the last laugh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If United really want anything other than more years in the wilderness …

They have to get a hard-nosed, experienced butcher who will toss most of their useless old guard in the bin.  Who won’t give a toss for anybody’s ego or care who he pisses off.  Who will play the most promising youngsters and focus their recruitment on young guns with something to prove.  Who can overhaul the most difficult squad to overhaul.

They are desperate for …

Yep. 

:claude:

Just now, KingsX said:

If United really want anything other than more years in the wilderness …

They have to get a hard-nosed, experienced butcher who will toss most of their useless old guard in the bin.  Who won’t give a toss for anybody’s ego or care who he pisses off.  Who will play the most promising youngsters and focus their recruitment on young guns with something to prove.  Who can overhaul the most difficult squad to overhaul.

They are desperate for …

Yep. 

:claude:

As long as they haven’t got anyone else in mind ...:brendan:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

As long as they haven’t got anyone else in mind ...:brendan:

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

No idea why United haven't gone in for Poch.

Those two are not idiots.  That job is a manager's graveyard as long as Woody is running the show.

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Those two are not idiots.  That job is a manager's graveyard as long as Woody is running the show.

Man Utd believe they have this pride thing where they don't pull the trigger as quickly as other clubs do.......yes they are deluded 

Poch will be in before the end of the season. 

Also notice Arteta's lack of class and Arsenal doing another Arsenal by beaming grins and fist pumps as if they'd won the league (bit like 14/2/2016)

Arteta's a bad loser and an even more shit winner, at least Ole seems a more humble, likeable bloke. 

After our 47 year wait, last week, Brendan etc, although delighted with the result, showed class. 

Arteta has improved Arsenal a fair bit though 

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Honestly I don't think Maguire gives a shit about us, he's earning huge amounts of money and is probably just as likely to win a trophy at United than here. If they sack Ole and get a decent manager in they'll be right in the top 4 race again. Plus, they've got CL football, he wouldn't have that here.

I’m pretty sure that a decent manager will be looking for more from his captain and central defender than united are getting from Maguire at the moment