Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No chance with European football as well, especially not with our injuries.

No reason we can't achieve Europe via league position again though.

I don't disagree but with all the players we have out and to perform how we have is remarkable. I think Europa league is a lot kinder to us than champions league would have been as it allows us to rotate in the early rounds and if (it really is a big if) we can manage our squad better with injuries, than we have every chance of doing well in both competitions imo. 

I'd wish we'd focus on the league as a priority as whilst Europa league football is good, I feel the league is anyone's for the taking and we should do everything in our power to try and take it as this opportunity may not come around again for us. The covid instability has certainly affected the so called big clubs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The press have to have a "little" club to fawn over patronisingly about how they're trying their best to play "proper" football. 

Before Bournemouth it was Swansea. 

Which was bloody good mate.

BRSwans.JPG.94ec446c279a27e6f91dd61b3bd256d3.JPG

It just wouldn't pay enough to do my teeth.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Pogba looks absolutely clueless in the middle of the park.

How do we nearly always find a way to lose to a Manchester United team?!

Nothing infuriates me about us more. I think we've even got over the Arsenal bug at last but we never ever turn up against these. I feel like nearly anyone bar us can beat them.

Well us and PSG lol 

8 hours ago, Phube said:

I always find ‘net spend’ to be a bit of a a cop out. Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and to some extent us can dine out for years on selling one or two massively expensive players, whilst spending hundreds of millions more than anyone.

This in its self says they have not recruited well, if after 5 years there is no real interest from any of the big boys in making substantial offers for their players.

Nett spend is so much better, because it takes in to consideration that we have spent big bit we’ve replaced Maguire, Chilwell, Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Is arrogance a requirement to become a BIG 6 Club?  Just listening to Arteta and was wondering.

Yes. When you believe your a big club, big player, big manager then everyone believes your own hype.

It’s the reason that Pogba is still touted as world class by everyone when in reality he’s about as Jermaine Jenas.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Is arrogance a requirement to become a BIG 6 Club?  Just listening to Arteta and was wondering.

Yes I think it is. In Rodgers we have someone who has a touch of that arrogance but without the same resources and media bias to back him.

I would prefer us to remain humble and go about our business gradually to try and break up the 'Sky 6'.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Phube said:

Are Brighton just really unlucky this season... just not managing to get the wins?

I don’t think it’s luck. If that second goal went in against us, I’d be livid. Leaving any player free in the box like that is just bad football. Quite a few of the goals that they concede are a result of errors like that. They’ve got some good players but have also spent high on some mediocre ones. They’ll stay up I think. However, I think they will finish lower half of the league which is where their squad is.

Brighton are the best example of a team throwing money about but only being able to attract mediocre players at a premium price. 

Not sure if it's Sky Sports or MUTV.

I moan as the next guy when we play a big six club and don't get any coverage, but even Arsenal are overlooked for relentless coverage of Neville and Keane talking United without discussing the elephant in the room that Solskjaer is not good enough. They've been going round and round talking the same shit for years.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Not sure if it's Sky Sports or MUTV.

I moan as the next guy when we play a big six club and don't get any coverage, but it's just relentless coverage of Neville and Keane talking United without discussing the elephant in the room that Solskjaer is not good enough. They've been going round and round talking the same shit for years.

And it always centres on United needing to sign new players. Season after season they've spaffed a fortune on individuals who may think they've made it because they're playing for United but collectively they don't actually play as a team. Solskjaer isn't a good enough manager, tactically or as a man-manager. It's a disjointed, dysfunctional club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The refs are a disgrace, 2 obvious dives by Kane, he knows he is never going to be sent off. No way that was a penalty, he backs into the player and falls, he wasn't even looking at the ball but where the Brighton player was!

Kane is the new Shearer

Untouchable!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The refs are a disgrace, 2 obvious dives by Kane, he knows he is never going to be sent off. No way that was a penalty, he backs into the player and falls, he wasn't even looking at the ball but where the Brighton player was!

there was another dive by son just seconds before his dive lol 

• Like 1

Potential good news buried in today's Athletic "The Lead" column:

Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have been united in calls to reinstate the five substitutes rule for Premier League games, but the idea is understood to have little chance of momentum.

Klopp said bigger match-day squads “should be back on the agenda”, while Solskjaer insisted an increased number of possible replacements is the “only sensible solution” in this “most demanding” season. Guardiola said PL decision-makers “should reconsider” coming back into line with European competitions to “protect players”, insisting there have been more muscle injuries in the top flight this season compared to last.

But there is thought to be a minimal prospect of traction as clubs lower down the Premier League foodchain fear it would allow advantage to those teams stocked with quality options. Some at Champions League teams privately argue, though, that there is little evidence to suggest the move would benefit them.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They can't re-introduce it halfway through a season, it has to be in from the start.

I wish the big 6 would just **** off, fed up of hearing them moan moan moan every few weeks about something.

They do love a good moan don't they. Like spoilt kids who don't get their way.

The epitome of 'baby throwing toys out the pram' lol 

Whoa!  This West Brom third kit   :revenge:

BromKit.JPG.bab936c3dd3a0819759e30e3ef1b76e6.JPG

They’ve resurrected one of their least-liked shirts, paired with bright orange shorts and neon yellow socks.  Ten little eyesores running round the pitch.

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Whoa!  This West Brom third kit   :revenge:

BromKit.JPG.bab936c3dd3a0819759e30e3ef1b76e6.JPG

They’ve resurrected one of their least-liked shirts, paired with bright orange shorts and neon yellow socks.  Ten little eyesores running round the pitch.

Things can always be worse .....

11C4700F-1FB8-48AF-BEB7-6D51A02A369C.jpeg

• Haha 1