Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Tell you what I’m pleased for Moyes.

Got a solid little side together there. Coufal and Soucek have taken to the league like they’ve always been here! 

Also playing a nice style too, more like his Everton days than that mess at Man United. 

Hope the West Ham fans start giving him some credit too! 

Wtf weird post 

Didn't watch the game and only saw stills of the offside but he looks more offside than I thought he would be given the reaction. Can you played onside by a defenders arm? That said if it takes you that long to decide and lots of shit lines then it should stand. 

Never hear of these offsides happening in other major leagues? Do they and we just don't hear about them? Or do they just have a quick look and move on if it ain't obvious. Even in the champions League, I don't recall too many offsides like this. 

Years of media, managers and fans complaining about every decision has led to this. We remove VAR now, then I can guarantee the first offside to go against someone and they'll be massive complaints. Can't see how you remove it, just have to decide how to use it better.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Didn't watch the game and only saw stills of the offside but he looks more offside than I thought he would be given the reaction. Can you played onside by a defenders arm? That said if it takes you that long to decide and lots of shit lines then it should stand. 

Never hear of these offsides happening in other major leagues? Do they and we just don't hear about them? Or do they just have a quick look and move on if it ain't obvious. Even in the champions League, I don't recall too many offsides like this. 

Years of media, managers and fans complaining about every decision has led to this. We remove VAR now, then I can guarantee the first offside to go against someone and they'll be massive complaints. Can't see how you remove it, just have to decide how to use it better.

True - I bet the West Ham fans aren’t complaining.

In fact on Twitter they all seem to be saying justice done because Grealish cheated and the ref was biased etc .

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wtf weird post 

Why? I don’t particularly like him as a person but his career got taken to pieces by Man Utd for no particular reason. Then he saved West Ham and got the boot. Then he saved them again and now he’s got them playing and winning.

I think you can appreciate that set of circumstances even if you don’t like the bloke 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If they need to start drawing dodgy looking lines on the pitch it should be classed as to close to call and the goal stands. Those lines were all over the place and no way you could guarantee they were drawn in the right place. Complete mess. 

Will be glad when non league is back on so I can watch some proper football. 

Looking at it again on the discussion bit after the game 

When the lines are drawn on the first measurement Watkins looks onside compared to the defender who’s measured second but when the lines are drawn on for the second measurement he’s declared offside 

anyway that’s all redundant when they clearly missed the foul on Watkins 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Looking at it again on the discussion bit after the game 

When the lines are drawn on the first measurement Watkins looks onside compared to the defender who’s measured second but when the lines are drawn on for the second measurement he’s declared offside 

anyway that’s all redundant when they clearly missed the foul on Watkins 

It’s a pen for me, he’s all over Watkins, before Watkins even attacks the ball.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They deserved that var call for this alone. How more people aren't calling this guy out is a crying shame.

Grealish is disgusting for doing this and genuinely needs banning for a few games and being made an example of

of course it won’t happen but it should for the good of football. 

shameful behaviour 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but players and managers need to start saying more now. Come out and slate it please.

And fans need to stop taking the piss when VAR goes their way.

Everyone. Get rid of this shit.

It's not VAR that's the problem, it's the offside law. Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp.

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

PGMOL have released a statement saying they didn’t think the foul on Watkins was a clear and obvious mistake from the referee 

Bunch of crooks. Like carragher said if they came out and admitted an error people would have more respect for them  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

It's not VAR that's the problem, it's the offside law. Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp.

I'm not complaining about the offisde, I'm complaining about VAR itself on the game. it's just ruining it.

However, now you have brought offside up, VAR wasn't brought in to rule that an arm is offside, a part of the body that the player can't even score with. Plus players and managers (and fans when we're in) don't know what to do, it's just minutes of waiting, and again, VAR wasn't brought in for that. If it's taking minutes and lines then it's not "clear and obvious".

I have backed VAR itself many times, although I didn't want it, because it's just a referee behind a screen and not VAR itself so that part for me is not "difficult to grasp" but now it's just stupid, frustrating, annoying and decisions aren't improving. They still have to come out and apologise for decisions which should never happen when they're seeing it over and over again.

Back on to last night, for me, if it's not a goal then it's a penalty. Like I've said above. He's all over Watkins before Watkins even attacks the ball.

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not complaining about the offisde, I'm complaining about VAR itself on the game. it's just ruining it.

However, now you have brought offside up, VAR wasn't brought in to rule that an arm is offside, a part of the body that the player can't even score with. Plus players and managers (and fans when we're in) don't know what to do, it's just minutes of waiting, and again, VAR wasn't brought in for that. If it's taking minutes and lines then it's not "clear and obvious".

I have backed VAR itself many times, although I didn't want it, because it's just a referee behind a screen and not VAR itself so that part for me is not "difficult to grasp" but now it's just stupid, frustrating, annoying and decisions aren't improving. They still have to come out and apologise for decisions which should never happen when they're seeing it over and over again.

Back on to last night, for me, if it's not a goal then it's a penalty. Like I've said above. He's all over Watkins before Watkins even attacks the ball.

They changed the law didn't they about the top part of the upper arm not being illegal to score with? There was all that chat about sleeve length and kit designs having to abide by certain rules near the shoulder/sleeve part. 

It just confused things even more. 

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

They deserved that var call for this alone. How more people aren't calling this guy out is a crying shame.

He’s a blatant cheat, he’s a very strong lad but goes down as much as little boy Maddison. Can’t stand the guy, he knocks that guy flying but he absolutely dives. I didn’t watch the game, don’t tell me he got a free kick for this??

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It can’t be a penalty because he is offside ....... but then again, the foul can be decided to be irrelevant of the play.  There are fairly simple ways to clear up var but the authorities don’t seem interested in taking them - meanwhile, the fans are left to deal with the fall out ....it’s the only plus that we aren’t in stadia with this crap ongoing .....

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They changed the law didn't they about the top part of the upper arm not being illegal to score with? There was all that chat about sleeve length and kit designs having to abide by certain rules near the shoulder/sleeve part. 

It just confused things even more. 

Yeah that's right, half way through the season. So that's why now sometimes the commentators say "at the start of the season that would have been a pen". 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It can’t be a penalty because he is offside ....... but then again, the foul can be decided to be irrelevant of the play.  There are fairly simple ways to clear up var but the authorities don’t seem interested in taking them - meanwhile, the fans are left to deal with the fall out ....it’s the only plus that we aren’t in stadia with this crap ongoing .....

He's being grabbed/pulled/held way before he even attacks the ball so he can't be offside at that point. For me anyway.

But regardless, it's just stupid now. Surely it wasn't brought in to define whether he's offside by cm and I know people will say "well he's offside by 1cm or 1000cm then he's offside" but judging every decision so fine isn't clear enough. 

You're right though that because there's no fans in the ground they sort of get away with it more but I'm glad a couple players have come out and criticised it (although that only seems to be on the back of a defeat).