Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Lots of injuries for all. Ligaments and hamstrings etc as well as the usual knocks. 

Am I the only one wondering if players are now so strong that with  acceleration..  twisting turning... their muscles can actually injure their own bodies.   Like a hamstrings or a ligament injuries.  Gomez goes down all by himself... but his own strength could have weakened his own tendons etc.

Anyone know of any research on this?

Are players too strong and self destructing?

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Holland doing exactly how I think it should be done. 

IMG_20201201_124454.jpg

In that article it states 'even if the attacker is slightly offside'. Does that not go against what it tries to eradicate? 

It still has its flaws anyway, as displayed below...

This pisses me off, same with Liverpool and Milner now coming out against VAR, but were happy for the penalties against us, the calls against Man City and Spurs etc.

After the WHU Villa game Rice claims he has to be a fan of VAR. Yet earlier this year...

https://www.football365.com/news/gutted-rice-vents-at-var-football-shouldnt-be-like-that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51071770

You're either against it, for it, or want it changing slightly, but you have to stick with what you think, you can't just change your mind if the decisions happen to go in your favour. He should have said the decisions went for them today, but VAR is still ridiculous and needs to be looked at.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

30 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Newcastle vs. Villa game postponed due to Newcastles Coronavirus outbreak. I didn't think they were going to postpone games due to this? How many players self isolating means that the game is postponed then?

The entire Newcastle squad is self isolating I thought. The issue is, what if they know they've got a significant amount of players that have tested positive - aren't they then incentivised to just say "oh everyone has it and must self-isolate" rather than play with a much weakened side? 

Or does the PL themselves conduct all the testing to avoid this? 

Maybe both teams can agree to postpone, regardless of how many cases you have. Sets a precedent though, they now can't be ruling games void after postponing this one. Maybe with the game coming on Friday it will too soon to get results from the next round of testing. 

I’m sure the  premier league originally said as long as you had 14 players available including the development squad, then you had to play the game. They are now saying each game will be looked at on a case by case basis. They have set a precedent now, can’t see this being the last game to get called off

• Like 1

On 01/12/2020 at 07:52, StanSP said:

In that article it states 'even if the attacker is slightly offside'. Does that not go against what it tries to eradicate? 

It still has its flaws anyway, as displayed below...

If they are taking the time to draw the lines than I’d rather go with the correct call. 

I know it sucks when it goes against something so minuscule but the timing is going to take just as long. 

As much as they are killing moments, the majority of the offside calls have been correct by the letter of the law. 

The only way I’d support it, would be that  very tight calls wouldn’t even be checked. That way the limbs come in early and lines only get drawn when ‘an obvious’ error has happened. (Which I think is how it was designed originally)

Quite simple really, var just tell the ref to hold on if they watch the replay and think somethings been missed. Rather than just analyzing everything

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55190218

'Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has criticised Premier League executives for "ignoring player welfare" after they did not consider increasing the number of substitutes to five.'

'"When people tell me we don't make enough changes, that is the problem with three subs, because the third sub, sometimes two subs, you have to keep because so many players are on the edge. You don't know who will go down first.'

Well that second statement is an absolute lie, he was 3-0 up against us in the 86th minute and he'd still only made one change, he didn't make his final two changes until the 90th minute. 5-0 up against Atalanta in the 54th minute the other week and he didn't make his first change until the 65th minute. His final two were in the 82nd minute:rolleyes:

I really can't wait for the day he leaves and ****s off back abroad, he really is starting to grate on me now, I hate hearing him moaning about the same things week after week.

Klopp always complains about others. He should first look for his faults in himself. It is a fact that he always wants to play with his best 11, that is his right. But it is obvious that he squeezes his best players like a lemon. He had great success with this in Dortmund for 2 years and became German Champion twice in a row. After these 2 years most of the Dortmund players were simply finished. The last 2 years in Liverpool were of course very successful. But this is also happening on the back of his best players, who rarely or never get a break. Now after 2 years pressing, pressing and pressing again, most of the players have reached their physical limits. For example - Leicester City played with a B-team vs West Ham on 29.12.2019 and won 2:1. BR had exchanged 8 players. At the same time Liverpool played vs Wolves 1:0 with their full A-team. Klopp exchanged in the 67' and twice in the 86'. Also 4 days later on 02.01.2020 vs Sheffield 2:0 Klopp did not spare his players. Again complete A-Team, with substitutions in the 78' (Mane), 88' (Robertson) and 90' (Salah). This two match days alone prove that the always bright laughter Klopp shows no consideration for his players. Not even between Christmas and New Year, just like the rest of the season. Now he has to change his team due to injury and cries, cries and cries...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55190218

'Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has criticised Premier League executives for "ignoring player welfare" after they did not consider increasing the number of substitutes to five.'

'"When people tell me we don't make enough changes, that is the problem with three subs, because the third sub, sometimes two subs, you have to keep because so many players are on the edge. You don't know who will go down first.'

Well that second statement is an absolute lie, he was 3-0 up against us in the 86th minute and he'd still only made one change, he didn't make his final two changes until the 90th minute. 5-0 up against Atalanta in the 54th minute the other week and he didn't make his first change until the 65th minute. His final two were in the 82nd minute:rolleyes:

I really can't wait for the day he leaves and ****s off back abroad, he really is starting to grate on me now, I hate hearing him moaning about the same things week after week.

He's a ****. If you're so worried Jurgen, rotate your starting 11 so that your best players don't have to play more minutes than you want. But no, you want your best team to put you 4 in front, and then have the luxury of bringing half of them off.