urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Man U seem to have sorted themselves out now, really think they can challenge for top 3, they have bought wisely in Edinson Cavani the Uruguayan is 33 but as they say form is temporary but is is permanent. He's showing Progba how to score, a proper hard old school striker

you obviously missed the 1st half yesterday they were utterly hopeless. 

Cavani is likely to get banned for 3 games now to. 

They will challenge the top 6 but top 3 is a push. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, davieG said:

Anyone see a future for football that ends up more like the rules for 5 a-side with no balls above head height, all played on the deck?

Amount of stoppages would be unreal and free kicks would be near enough pointless.

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Dear Congerton in the January transfer market please find us a old fashioned strong Uruguayan striker. One that dosn't mess around in front of goal like Edinson Cavani yesterday, a proper hard old school striker.

I feel like Uruguay should have achieved more with prime Cavani, Forlan and Suaraz as a front 3. 

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/30/manchester-citys-ederson-calls-for-concussion-substitutes-after-david-luiz-incident

Considering he's been responsible for a couple of fine ones, that's a bit rich from him to be thinking of players welfare like this. Or maybe he's hoping concussion substitutes come in so he can make it a tactic?

5 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

How long is a player out with an injury like that? Glad he’s alright. 

Speaking from experience I am still recovering from a linear skull fracture that occurred in early August. I still don’t feel 100% right and am unable to drive or play contact sport.

This one is clearly worst as it required surgery. I really hope the guy properly recovers and plays again, but it is by no means guaranteed 😔

• Like 1

It depends on the person, location of contact, and possible damage underneath the skin. 

Someone with more medical knowledge has said the impact location looks like the temporal bone. That will have been reinforced with metal plates during surgery. The fact he was conscious shortly after surgery indicates that there was no bleed underneath.

So hopefully a positive prognosis, and up to him whether he carries on playing. Of course there may be longer term unforseen complications but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

Edited by The Bear
4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It depends on the person, location of contact, and possible damage underneath the skin. 

Someone with more medical knowledge has said the impact location looks like the temporal bone. That will have been reinforced with metal plates during surgery. The fact he was conscious shortly after surgery indicates that there was no bleed underneath.

So hopefully a positive prognosis, and up to him whether he carries on playing. Of course there may be longer term unforseen complications but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

Praying he makes full recovery. Health is more important than anything else but obviously really hope he manages to get back on the pitch 🙏. Good player and would be such a shame if not possible.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Dear Congerton in the January transfer market please find us a old fashioned strong Uruguayan striker. One that dosn't mess around in front of goal like Edinson Cavani yesterday, a proper hard old school striker.

Ho Ho Ho

image.png.503d7180256e6cac42fbfab17336d8be.png

Merry Christmas Sonny

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Speaking from experience I am still recovering from a linear skull fracture that occurred in early August. I still don’t feel 100% right and am unable to drive or play contact sport.

😔

Wow, that's tough. What happened? 

Just now, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I was assaulted and hit my head on a curb. I was quite lucky by all accounts. Easily could have suffered a brain bleed but fortunately it was just a small linear fracture. 

All the best. Pint on me in Manchester when things return to some semblance of normality. 

• Thanks 1
On 29/11/2020 at 09:35, StanSP said:

Rattled as fvck 

'stop the interview I only want to speak to people that have an idea about football' 

What an arrogant cvnty thing to say. 

Then when interviewer says people in studio say its a penalty as well he gets all arsey. 

How boring would it be if everyone just agreed with each other like he desired lol

Glad people are finally starting to realise what a monumental bellend he is. I cant wait to finally be living in a country free from klopp management. (I was unfortunate enough to live just outside of dortmund whilst he was manager there his entire reign) 

On SKy Sports MNF now, Man Utd goals highlights and Cavani racism talk. Nothing about our game.

I wonder if Man Utd were home to Fulham, would they be analysing our goals in our win vs Southampton the day before?

One question to Neville about Leicester: will Leicester fancy a title charge?

’No, Leicester are doing amazing, they are playing fantastic football and everyone is suprised they are up there but no they won’t win the league’

You can tell me he hasn’t got a scooby what he’s on about rolling these cliches.

’we’re doing amazing’(because we’re Leicester and we’re not supposed to be in the top 6)

’we’re playing fantastic football’(because how can we be 4th if we hadn’t been)

’everyone is suprised they are up there’(because we’re Leicester City and we arnt meant to be, despite if our exact squad were in Utd tops, we could win the title)

’but no they won’t win the league’(because we’re Leicester and it’s an easy thing to say).

The standard of punditry, even from a so called top pundit, is absolutely ****ing shocking!

• Like 1

That Bowen lad is decent isn’t he... 👀

Another potential winger who got shot down on here for being in the championship and not having a flair sounding name lol 

I’ll add him to my list of “always 7/10” players that we are desperately crying out for here.