Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 hours ago, Fktf said:

He's a ****. If you're so worried Jurgen, rotate your starting 11 so that your best players don't have to play more minutes than you want. But no, you want your best team to put you 4 in front, and then have the luxury of bringing half of them off.

You know it's  bad when you find yourself agreeing with Moaninho... 

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Must admit I never thought I'd find myself liking Jose and considering him as the voice of reason while finding Klopp and Pep moaning, boring bastards.

Dare I say it, spurs seems to have been a good move for him and we are seeing more of the old Jose. 

We're bombarded with the opinions of Klopp, Jose, Pep, Ole and even Arteta for my liking so much so that I avoid any TV sports news if can.

So much press around the North London Derby on who is the better manager out of Arteta and Mourinho. I havent read/watched so much rubbish in my life. One has multiple trophy wins, including two champions leagues and has his current club top of the league. The other has a FA Cup win and has his side 14th. I know it’s easy to “hate” Mourinho but for now at least, Arteta isn’t fit to clean to his boots. There isn’t a contest.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

So much press around the North London Derby on who is the better manager out of Arteta and Mourinho. I havent read/watched so much rubbish in my life. One has multiple trophy wins, including two champions leagues and has his current club top of the league. The other has a FA Cup win and has his side 14th. I know it’s easy to “hate” Mourinho but for now at least, Arteta isn’t fit to clean to his boots. There isn’t a contest.

If you take personality and philosophy out of it and judge it based on results, there aren’t many managers in the last 20 years who stack up to Jose. You can say what you like about him but there’s no doubt he’s a winner. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

1 is also in year 1 of his first managerial appointment the other on his 9th in a 20yr career it’s a moot discussion as there is no discussion 

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

If you take personality and philosophy out of it and judge it based on results, there aren’t many managers in the last 20 years who stack up to Jose. You can say what you like about him but there’s no doubt he’s a winner. 

No doubt he is a winner but he’s an example that would confuse me within the Rodgers (out) thread.
Rodgers is currently getting lambasted for the state of our play despite the players we are missing 2 of which Ricardo and Castagne are when fit going to be pivotal in the attacking contributions to the team, yet those calling him out would take Jose in a heart beat, what do you want guys?

Jose is not famed for his attractive football, he’s not really famed for the development of young players, he is famed for taking the glory and throwing his players under the bus.

So its just a win at any cost and live for the now those fans want then?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Everton’s form taking a nose dive...

I’m really not sure we can be critical of Everton given our own nose dive in the last 4 games with reverting to our own early season form, results and performances looking distant.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m really not sure we can be critical of Everton given our own nose dive in the last 4 games with reverting to our own early season form, results and performances looking distant.

Oh no, I know, but I was talking about Everton, not Leicester 😉

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Everton have at last achieved “doing a Leicester “. They’re as crap as us ATM 

• Haha 3