Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

No one is comparing ourselves to Man City.

People are rightly frustrated that we set up with no real attacking output and put Fulham under no pressure at all.

We put up the white flag and gave them an easy 3 points. We did ourselves no favours

I get that. But that doesn't mean we have to be surprised that Man City putting them away with the strikers and attacking players they have. 

I'm frustrated too and get how shite we are but Man City winning is no surprise and we shouldn't continue to get annoyed at it. If we continue to compare every result we lose to a side that wins we'll never be happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I get that. But that doesn't mean we have to be surprised that Man City putting them away with the strikers and attacking players they have. 

I'm frustrated too and get how shite we are but Man City winning is no surprise and we shouldn't continue to get annoyed at it. If we continue to compare every result we lose to a side that wins we'll never be happy. 

That's very true. I get annoyed watching Mahrez. I wish we still had him (but he's probably be benched).

10 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That's very true. I get annoyed watching Mahrez. I wish we still had him (but he's probably be benched).

We don't have anyone like Mahrez now. Not just ability (because that's an understatement) but just winning the game for us out of nothing. I miss having that threat in our side, particularly in midfield. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We don't have anyone like Mahrez now. Not just ability (because that's an understatement) but just winning the game for us out of nothing. I miss having that threat in our side, particularly in midfield. 

We'll be doing well to get anyone like him again. He's a unique talent. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I fully understand that. And in no way am I expecting us to have anywhere near the same technical ability or depth in squad as Man City have. But I think we can learn lessons form watching other teams play, and from our own performances. 

Losing 1 home game in the last 3 I can understand, 3 in a row of dire dull performances is beyond poor. We have talented players. Admittedly missing some key players in defence and Ndidi but surely it is not too much to ask to press high, play forwards when we have the ball, instead of constant sideways and backwards passing. We are a very good side and should set up as such especially at home. We can't play 3 / 5 defenders at home to a side in the bottom 3. Why not set up in a more attacking style and show our intent from the first whistle. West Ham were far better than us, Villa had more shots and looked capable of scoring a lot, Fulham were fairly comfortable apart from the last 5 minutes against us as well. We set up too negatively at home and get punished. Away form, we have had some amazing results this season. Incredible to watch this season. We have very good players but my issue is we do not help ourselves with tactics or game management

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Let it go - thoughts like this are tinpot - you’re better than that lol

Just now, surrifox said:

Let it go - thoughts like this are tinpot - you’re better than that lol

It's not about Mahrez, I've let that go. It's about our current midfielders/wingers.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

These days we never seem to start any match with real intent or confidence.  As others have said, we should be putting poor teams to the sword from the start, and get a goal as early as possible.

Getting an early goal today enabled Man C to play in a relaxed way, with a bit of a swagger, and Fulham never looked likely to come back from it.

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

These days we never seem to start any match with real intent or confidence.  As others have said, we should be putting poor teams to the sword from the start, and get a goal as early as possible.

Getting an early goal today enabled Man C to play in a relaxed way, with a bit of a swagger, and Fulham never looked likely to come back from it.

That's the difference, Man City were always going to win against Fulham, you just dont know what your going to get with Leicester, consistency is a Real problem!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Anyone who watches Fulham can see they hate being pressed and pushed back in their own third. Why we didn't look to do that was remarkable.

This is what annoys me the most about Rodgers, most of his mistakes are avoidable. At the end of last season I was a bit more sympathetic because we’d ran out of steam, we’d exhausted most of our options. I don’t think anything really would have worked.

This season though playing passively, very little width and 4 (four) central midfielders against Fulham obviously wasn’t going to work. I’m being completely serious here, you could ask 11 year old fans for a line up and 95% of them wouldn’t have picked a worse XI than what we put out

3 minutes ago, Vazman said:

That's the difference, Man City were always going to win against Fulham, you just dont know what your going to get with Leicester, consistency is a Real problem!

Yep.. you get the odd freak result.

Villa v Liverpool

Norwich against Manchester City last season.

But we get freak results all the bloody time.

Man City, Arsenal, Leeds (A)...9 points.

West Ham, Villa, Fulham (H)..0 points.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yep.. you get the odd freak result.

Villa v Liverpool

Norwich against Manchester City last season.

But we get freak results all the bloody time.

Man City, Arsenal, Leeds (A)...9 points.

West Ham, Villa, Fulham (H)..0 points.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

Hopefully we wont see Sheffield United on your list of Freak results, I have to say I'm not confident we will win, I hope so!! I cant take any more grief at work, loosing to Sheffield United who haven't won a game yet will be horrendous!! Might have to pull a sicky!

How long until the soft penalty or fraudulent VAR decision.

I don't want to complain for the sake of (I'll do it anyway) but surely its all teams have fans or no teams have fans. Unfair advantage surely?

Not that it makes much difference at stadiums like West Hams where there aren't fans at the best of times.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1