Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

20 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Don't want to hate on chilwell, particularly, but this is something you will recognise...

@Paddy. summed it up well, on his day he's exceptional, but when he's off, he can be such a hindrance. 

The sad thing is, this isn't out of the ordinary, he is incredibly wasteful in possession whether that be running into blind alleys or poor crosses and passes. Until he removes that from his game, he'll continue to be a "player with great potential" rather than an elite player. Chelsea won't have the patience to allow poor performances. Just look at the stars they've signed and flogged for the same.

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

With the money they have spent and the big adjustment required to this league it is unreal they will sack him. They still have a chance of survival the players seem to be playing for him 

After seeing them on the first day I’m surprised  they’ve managed to get 1 point let alone 7. 

• Like 1

Bilic had them fighting for their lives. There is little quality in their squad. They are a championship side playing in the premier league. With bilic in charge and the way they were fighting in every game I would maybe have given them a 25% chance of survival. Now he's gone I would give them less than 1%. Totally the wrong decision!

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

With the money they have spent and the big adjustment required to this league it is unreal they will sack him. They still have a chance of survival the players seem to be playing for him 

Daft letting him have tonight if they were going to sack him regardless. Probably didn’t imagine coming away with anything. 

If he was on the cusp (which was a point that had obviously been and gone to the board). They’ll likely want time to bring someone else in before the transfer window.  

Not quite as unbelievable as people are saying, although straight after the game tonight seems unnecessary. 

When it is clear it isn't working,what else does a club do now that we have transfer windows where signing anyone useful in January comes at double the price?

I can only think of us with Pearson and Norwich with farke that have stuck it out, and many wanted Nige out after we drew with hull with about 10 games to go (or even before).

Edited by Fktf

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Okay. In no particular order .... a head that is too small

for his body; a suit that pre-dates him by at least a decade

and is ill-fitting; a disproportionately softly spoken voice for his frame; a hint of subdued aggression; unusual head movement. 💁😂

Mate I’m sure he’s 3 foot smaller🤣

• Haha 1

Ownership issue there is the main problem. They want to sell and feel the only way they can is to stay in the Prem... however to do that they need to spend... which they’re not willing to do lol 

To be honest they weren’t really that good in the championship. One or two players hauled them up but compared to other times they’ve come up they didn’t pull up trees. 

Having said that I Think Slav has done a great job with mainly youth players and old prem has beens! 

They also sold their best prospect for next to nothing to Crystal Palace in the summer and failed to sign a decent striker! Madness.

Edited by AjcW

Its hard, Not even in my eyes warranted....

But if the board  prove they have Made a wise  timely desciscion, then all will be forgotten.

If ist Made on some thoughts of entitlement,then Div1 is their destiny...

Unlike Leeds or Even Fulham,I just didn t Think they have showed Any alround Quality that they might survive,,but that IMO is Not

the managers fault...This is Not the WBA of old built on a Good Management Board base...!!

I cant see them surviving if this was a panic self-entitled descision...from an incompetent High-End management .

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Time wasting is a joke in football, so Pep probably has a right to complain about it but it's the manner he does it, it's embarrassing and not a good example. He isn't alone in that, seems to be in the job description to be at the bigger clubs. Many things to complain about with Rodgers but I like that he's respectful, probably goes against him though.

He deserved a booking at least harassing the 4th official the way he did