Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Peps behaviour in front of the fourth official was absolutely pathetic. I literally thought no man ... that’s it. What a dick though, it was embarrassing to watch and I can’t believe he didn’t get carded for it. God I think he’s a dick and a fraud. Would love to see him keep Shef Utd up. 

• Like 1

I know this shit gets repeated every time a club sack a manager at the bottom end, we've had it ourselves and the outside world was absolutely nuts expecting us to keep Ranieri. 

But in WBA case, I don't know what more they were expecting. He got them promoted but the squad is shit. They've barely bothered.

All they'll do now is hire someone who'll take them down anyway, probably back him to get them promoted and sack him if he does and doesn't work miracles. Vicious cycle. 

• Like 1

"I've known him for years and I'm sure he'll be back soon. Hopefully more and more clubs will think long term. It's a short term business and you need short term results, but continuity is the key to success and patience."  OGS on Bilic

Is that a message aimed at his own board?

I guess they wanted big Sam to have a few games to assess the squad before the transfer window opens up. 

It’s completely unjustified though, especially given the covid window. I do genuinely rate Billic and despite being in the relegation zone they were probably over performing. 

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

"I've known him for years and I'm sure he'll be back soon. Hopefully more and more clubs will think long term. It's a short term business and you need short term results, but continuity is the key to success and patience."  OGS on Bilic

Is that a message aimed at his own board?

Hope so ...   and lets hope they take note and keep him there for years ...   and years ...   and years ....   :fc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know this shit gets repeated every time a club sack a manager at the bottom end, we've had it ourselves and the outside world was absolutely nuts expecting us to keep Ranieri. 

But in WBA case, I don't know what more they were expecting. He got them promoted but the squad is shit. They've barely bothered.

All they'll do now is hire someone who'll take them down anyway, probably back him to get them promoted and sack him if he does and doesn't work miracles. Vicious cycle. 

Bang on. The Ranieri sacking made me realise that things can always be different to how they seem if you don’t follow the club and what’s actually going on. 

From the outside i think they’re bonkers to sack Bilic, probably the best they can do with the squad he had available. 

Big Sam is the most lazy unimaginable appointment available and I hope they sink to the foot of the table now. He might get a tune out of them though, he is a decent man manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Now now, you wouldn't hear Nuge embarrassed about such a stat ;)

Well that is true, but I think the manager job is a bit different, especially when you get sacked like he did.  I was pleased he got the boot - I thought he would be quite good but then he said what he said about not telling Rooney where to play and I realised he was so far out of his depth he would sink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Is it not working though? They've hardly backed him in the transfer market and I'd say they are where you'd expect a team coming up from the championship with little investment to be. They've not been embarrassed too much this season and are only a few weeks away from being able to address any short comings in the squad whilst still being in striking distance of safety.

Take your point - but it is very rationale, and requires a board with long term vision/commitment to the manager. I suspect they don't want to/can't spend the sort of money transfer fees will add up to, and are throwing the dice with only the short term goal of staying up this year in mind.

We see this most seasons. A manager gets a team promoted and then struggles in the top flight. It just illustrates the gulf between the two divisions.

In fact there has only been two seasons since the formation of the EPL where all three teams promoted have stayed up and this season looks as though that figure will not increase.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think looking at their forum that the general concensus is that it seems unfair and they're taking a backwards step as a club going for Allardyce

• Like 1

Sky Sports just showed the top half EPL table...

First to tenth separated by five points.

I love it!  This looks like the most competitive Premier League in years.  Three wins on the trot for any of those ten teams and they are likely top of the league!

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Has it not changed to 'BIG 6' now so Arsenal can still be included?

Funny really I picked a cadbury's chocolate the other day, with the premier league competitions down the side. As usual the same suspects are on the front Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. Be interesting to know if they'd still keep promoting Arsenal as a top six club even if they finish 15th! and us and Southampton finish within the top four.

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Pep would never go to someone like Arsenal now (who need a minor rebuild).

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you quite sure it's minor?

It doesn't need to bring ID to buy beer, let's put it that way.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Sky Sports just showed the top half EPL table...

First to tenth separated by five points.

I love it!  This looks like the most competitive Premier League in years.  Three wins on the trot for any of those ten teams and they are likely top of the league!

Not when 'we' win those 3 games...

Wouldnt it be nice ,to be a arrogant confident fan, that 'knew' 7pts at least are on the cards...just for once in our lives..

Its just in my roots & Leicester Football-fan DNA, that nagging-doubt-angel that follows on my shoulder....

If we were playing the blaby-Boys U17,with Granny in Goal....I still wouldnt be confident.

In my other walks of life, I am usually confident fellow...But These Boys of blue over 62 years...?? !!

Edited by fuchsntf