Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Issue with Mourinho teams at times, defend a lead for 90mins doesn't always work. They looked toothless from 45 onwards.

Could easily have lost that 2-1 as well.

Son still looks good for them, and I know their stats together are brilliant, but today it just felt to me that Kane was far too deep a lot of the time.

I have similar frustrations with Maddison; essentially I think Maddison gets in Tieleman's way. Kane does what Sissoko/Winks want to be doing (actually, just worked out why Kane drops deep!!)

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Could easily have lost that 2-1 as well.

Son still looks good for them, and I know their stats together are brilliant, but today it just felt to me that Kane was far too deep a lot of the time.

I have similar frustrations with Maddison; essentially I think Maddison gets in Tieleman's way. Kane does what Sissoko/Winks want to be doing (actually, just worked out why Kane drops deep!!)

On another day Wolves get a pen and score a few of those chances. 

Son was fairly absent and Kane, as you said, was deep enough to be getting in the way of the midfield duo. Don't rate either of the midfield Spurs have. Harry "pass it sideways" Winks with Hojberg doesn't work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

On another day Wolves get a pen and score a few of those chances. 

Son was fairly absent and Kane, as you said, was deep enough to be getting in the way of the midfield duo. Don't rate either of the midfield Spurs have. Harry "pass it sideways" Winks with Hojberg doesn't work. 

Interviewer just mentioned that Spurs last effort on goal was on 21 mins. 

:nigel:

• Haha 1

I watch DAZN as I’m in Canada and the pre match chat yesterday about the league was ridiculous. It was all about how Man U are title contenders and sherwood said “if you don’t consider them contenders than you can’t consider spurs, man city, Chelsea or arsenal either?” Manish asked what about Leicester... his response “they’re not are they”  not even good enough to be in the same conversation as arsenal apparently.

Has anyone found a pundit yet who’s acknowledged the elephant in the room ..ourselves, Everton, villa, west ham, Southampton  (wolves with jiminez )   Are just as good as the big clubs these days. 

when these clubs get results they’re simply not upsets anymore just the norm in a competitive league 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, The Bear said:

Interviewer just mentioned that Spurs last effort on goal was on 21 mins. 

:nigel:

Lord that's awful. But not surprising at all. 

Spurs are either clinical in front of goal or absolutely nowhere. You can tell their desperation by how easy Kane falls over

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I watch DAZN as I’m in Canada and the pre match chat yesterday about the league was ridiculous. It was all about how Man U are title contenders and sherwood said “if you don’t consider them contenders than you can’t consider spurs, man city, Chelsea or arsenal either?” Manish asked what about Leicester... his response “they’re not are they”  not even good enough to be in the same conversation as arsenal apparently.

Has anyone found a pundit yet who’s acknowledged the elephant in the room ..ourselves, Everton, villa, west ham, Southampton  (wolves with jiminez )   Are just as good as the big clubs these days. 

Sherwoods still bitter we came back from 2-0 down against his Villa side. Man's a bell end

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

He’s 19 and gets in some good positions I think he’ll do well just needs a goal in a big game should have had a couple tonight 

Just a lack of composure and an over eagerness in other situations. When he settles and gets a couple of goals he'll be fine. 

£35m was for his future potential. It isn't fair to level that price tag on him right now. The player himself this week mentioned that Juventus tried to sign him as well in the summer. 

Edited by The Bear

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Fabio Silva is shocking. Good job we never over pay for players from thag league.

He makes good runs and got decent link up play but he is not clinical. He's only 18 years old tbf. His game is far more advanced than most 18 year olds in the Premier League. Judge him again when he is 22.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

He makes good runs and got decent link up play but he is not clinical. He's only 18 years old tbf. His game is far more advanced than most 18 year olds in the Premier League. Judge him again when he is 22.

Rashford is the exact same, gets into some outstanding positions, but can't finish to save his life. 

• Haha 1