Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly couldn’t be more baffled that the Burnley goal against Leeds was ruled out. Surely VAR has to intervene there? Mee is facing away 6 yards from the keeper, jumps to head the ball and the keeper flys in and clatters him. Yet that’s a foul on the keeper? 

there have been a lot of terrible decisions this year, but honestly I think this is the worst I’ve seen 

Any other player thAn the keeper and thats a penalty to Burnley.

Mee makes a standing jump and the keeper flies in and knees him in the back.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, Md9 said:

People like Kane and greilesh do things and they call it smart play yet if Vardy or sterling or some one like Ashley Barnes who is a bit of a c**t do it it’s diving or dangerous play 

Well. In fairness Ashley Barnes is a ****. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Its dangerous and he's doing it on purpose. A player is going to get seriously injured soon. You sometimes see a player jump over another to try and win a ball in the air, but that's usually when the ball is at head height of the player who isn't jumping. This is different, the ball is a above Kanes head, he won't get it unless he jumps for it. Instead he glances at the player jumping to win the header, and backs into them to cause them to fall awkwardly. He has no intention of playing the ball. Its a the very least a yellow for each instance, but he's rarely getting called up for fouls.

Pros: free kick to Tottenham.

Cons:  he might break an opponent's neck.

I suppose he reckons the pros outweigh the cons.  No need for a change in the rules here, just for the PL to make it clear that an attempt to flip an opponent so he lands on his head or neck is a red card offence.  It's clear to spot on VAR that that's what he's doing.

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

The VAR thing is annoying. One week it's over officious where they over-rule stuff even though it's not clear enough from the replays, and then the next week they refuse to over-rule stuff because its not clear enough on the replays. 

It does my head in. Why can't the flippin english refs not just decide on a line of reffing. Either give the minimal touch penalties all the time or do not give them at all. It is still not VAR that is the problem, its the inconsistent decison making.

14 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Pros: free kick to Tottenham.

Cons:  he might break an opponent's neck.

I suppose he reckons the pros outweigh the cons.  No need for a change in the rules here, just for the PL to make it clear that an attempt to flip an opponent so he lands on his head or neck is a red card offence.  It's clear to spot on VAR that that's what he's doing.

That's why this nice guy image is all bullshit. He'll happily break someone's neck on purpose to win a freekick.

I agree no need for a rule change, just refs need to have to bollocks to pull him up on it. Its already covered under the dangerous play or endangering an opponent rules.

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Any other player thAn the keeper and thats a penalty to Burnley.

Mee makes a standing jump and the keeper flies in and knees him in the back.

No.  There are very few situations in the rules that result in a penalty to Burnley.  We have had 5 in the last 3 and a half seasons, and three of those were for handball.  There is literally no way to foul a Burnley player in the box.

How do you get 10 in 16 games?

2 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

No.  There are very few situations in the rules that result in a penalty to Burnley.  We have had 5 in the last 3 and a half seasons, and three of those were for handball.  There is literally no way to foul a Burnley player in the box.

By attacking at pace in the 18 yard box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry but the cynic in me just says this is cry baby Pep stamping his authority over 'fixture congestion'.

I imagine you have to prove the positive cases but even so, this has got Pep throwing his toys out the pram and proving a point all over it - given his previous comments and incessant moaning about it all.

Apparently they lodged a request to Premier League to postpone the fixture anyway, although I can't find out whether this was before the positive tests or not.

Wish he'd fuck off.

Edited by Matt

56 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

You’re not gonna get pens by launching it long into the box and backing into defenders, it tends to be trips on attacking players driving into the box at pace, something which doesn’t scream Burnley

53 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Jim announced it by saying "disturbing news from Goodison".  People getting COVID isn't great, but was expecting something a bit more sinister.

Yeah I thought he was about to announce the coach had crashed or something!