Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't like them but I think Villa in general are too easily discounted as Grealish +10; when there've been others doing a more than steady job like Luiz and McGinn. Martinez has been a huge signing for them, too.

Agreed on Martinez, I’ve been impressed every time I’ve seen him play. Watkins has been a great signing too which I didn’t think would be the case.

They’re better than the sum of their parts whereas not many teams seem to be this season. With their willingness to spend and what looks like might be a decent recruitment set up they’ll establish themselves as a 10th and upwards team unfortunately 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Its dangerous and he's doing it on purpose. A player is going to get seriously injured soon. You sometimes see a player jump over another to try and win a ball in the air, but that's usually when the ball is at head height of the player who isn't jumping. This is different, the ball is a above Kanes head, he won't get it unless he jumps for it. Instead he glances at the player jumping to win the header, and backs into them to cause them to fall awkwardly. He has no intention of playing the ball. Its a the very least a yellow for each instance, but he's rarely getting called up for fouls.

If he did that to me I would try my best to land with my elbow or knee in his throat. Not only does he not get carded, most times he does it he wins the free kick. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

Villa win their two games in hand and they’re one point off the top...

I’m loving this season. Not the football of course which is ruined by a lack of fans and over-officious use of VAR but how close the top 9 or 10 are is really refreshing.

The VAR thing is annoying. One week it's over officious where they over-rule stuff even though it's not clear enough from the replays, and then the next week they refuse to over-rule stuff because its not clear enough on the replays. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

How have villa only played 13 games? 

They didn't play opening weekend (along with Burnley) cos the 2 Manchester clubs were in Europe and needed extra days. I dont know where the other game in hand came from.

Edited by Koke
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

How have villa only played 13 games? 

Their first game was delayed due to playing one of the teams that had been in European competition and their game v Newcastle the other week was postponed due to the Newcastle COVID outbreak. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Big Sam all over today. Chewing gum for the whole game with his mouth open, wearing his mask incorrectly, everyone defending for 45 minutes and shithousing a draw with a header from a corner.

Managers don't have to wear a mask on the touchline so seemed strange he bothered to have one, even if it was only half on.

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly couldn’t be more baffled that the Burnley goal against Leeds was ruled out. Surely VAR has to intervene there? Mee is facing away 6 yards from the keeper, jumps to head the ball and the keeper flys in and clatters him. Yet that’s a foul on the keeper? 

there have been a lot of terrible decisions this year, but honestly I think this is the worst I’ve seen 

Horrible call by the Ref. I really dislike Burnley and Dyche but I fully understand why they were pissed. The system is broken !

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Its dangerous and he's doing it on purpose. A player is going to get seriously injured soon. You sometimes see a player jump over another to try and win a ball in the air, but that's usually when the ball is at head height of the player who isn't jumping. This is different, the ball is a above Kanes head, he won't get it unless he jumps for it. Instead he glances at the player jumping to win the header, and backs into them to cause them to fall awkwardly. He has no intention of playing the ball. Its a the very least a yellow for each instance, but he's rarely getting called up for fouls.

I agree. Quite infuriating watching the clips then seeing the spurs fan say it's within the laws of the game. That's completely unsportsmanlike and a player could end up seriously injured as you said.  I can see why refs would give a penalty initially because it happens very fast, but after var!? mutiple examples you can see he's practised this with him doing a little look to make sure the player is jumping for it. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

The VAR thing is annoying. One week it's over officious where they over-rule stuff even though it's not clear enough from the replays, and then the next week they refuse to over-rule stuff because its not clear enough on the replays. 

I think you'll find VAR has actually been tremendously consistent (in not penalising the England captain).

54 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I agree. Quite infuriating watching the clips then seeing the spurs fan say it's within the laws of the game. That's completely unsportsmanlike and a player could end up seriously injured as you said.  I can see why refs would give a penalty initially because it happens very fast, but after var!? mutiple examples you can see he's practised this with him doing a little look to make sure the player is jumping for it. 

It'll take for someone to get seriously hurt but then he'll have pundits leaping to his defence saying he isn't that type of player 

Along with the Kane backing in thing, I've noticed a few players starting to push players in really dangerous situations too. Either in mid air or whilst they are off balance, or near the edge of the pitch and advertising boards. Bruno Fernandes and Wilf Zaha are particularly bad at this.

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

It isn't in the laws of the game though. You see other players being penalised for it all the time. The replay gets shown and the commentators go on about how its the right decision because the player wasn't looking at the ball. Yet kanes started doing it and all of a sudden its just smart play. 

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It isn't in the laws of the game though. You see other players being penalised for it all the time. The replay gets shown and the commentators go on about how its the right decision because the player wasn't looking at the ball. Yet kanes started doing it and all of a sudden its just smart play. 

People like Kane and greilesh do things and they call it smart play yet if Vardy or sterling or some one like Ashley Barnes who is a bit of a c**t do it it’s diving or dangerous play