Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I'm sure Burnley understand Tarkowski's value drops with every window that passes. The problem is that if he is not replaced Burnley could easily be relegated. Burnley will need to use their newfound money very well as CB's are not the easiest to replace.

I do agree though that he would fill the bill quite nicely at L'pool.

Rudkin would disagree. He’s got a list to Japan of £80m cbs

51 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’ll start dreaming when we’re 35 games in, not 17 - you only have to look at last season to see how important the business end of the season is. 

Thats also my take..but aint it Grand to Dream and con ourselves, es still have Top players to come back in,  or by Febuary get those Returnees in sync and match fit....

Those games in hand..No team have grabbed yet the moment...

Though both Manchester sides seem to have started to wind it up, Chelsea in a Bad period,

Spurs just Holding but inconsistent, Everton the same...

Southampton,Villa pushing European placings. Wham ,Wolves maybe Arsenal can break through.

Our injuries were the worst and more defining from our top players, than any other club...I

So our fan-base bias ,gives us that bit more to hang onto because we havent  been able to play yet our considered Strongest Set of Quality players & team.

We are obviously excited in anticipation to see how good we potentially  actually are...When Brendan has all those Top players fit and meshing with each other.

Many sense the other Teams inconsistencies is handing us a chance to compete for those 2 Top spots,

that few on here thought were not worth dreaming about at the beginning of the season...

Its the hopes and Dreams that make up the season while frustrating chasing, dropping & winning points. 

Even with this covid,crowdless season, it will boil down to those last 7-8 games ( Business end), Maybe the last 4.

But the journey is also a part of the story...we must also enjoy..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Rudkin would disagree. He’s got a list to Japan of £80m cbs

Sorry, I didn't express myself well when I said CB's are difficult to replace. What I should have said is that top quality CB's are hard to find.

Tarkowski has said that he will not renew so the only question is when to sell. Selling him for 20 & spending 30 to replace is not good business.

13 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Klopp said two things post game tonight:

Mane doesn't dive

They never get any penalties

Really? 🤣

Unlike some on here, I Really like Klopp, but that doesn't mean he cant be a twat...

Imagine if we win the bloody thing and it coincides with life returning to normal. 

The first full stadium is to see us lift the trophy.

Unlikely of course but a nice thought.

• Like 2

Lys Mousset looks to have been a naughty boy recently. Allegedly involved in a drink-driving incident/collision with other cars. His orange Lamborghini involved but not been stated whether he was driving or not... 

37 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Klopp said two things post game tonight:

Mane doesn't dive

They never get any penalties

Really? 🤣

Moaning bastard, will usually do it to try and pressure the referees to give them decisions in the coming weeks.

Conspiracy theory I heard a couple of weeks ago, VAR is being used to ensure a LFC vs. United title race this season. Let's see how true that ends up being:ph34r:

• Haha 1

So Europe next season is

4 in the CL

2 in the EL - 5th place + FA Cup winners

1 in the EC - EFL Cup winners

So if Man City/United win the EFL cup + finish top 4. 
6th place will get into the European Conference.

Looking at who else qualifies for the European Conference, you’d have to say whoever finish 6th in the PL should be winning that trophy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The sheer arrogance!

And completely different to what our fans say when we fail to beat Fulham, Palace, West Ham etc etc lol

I'm not talking about what our fans think, I'm talking about mardy arse Hendo... Are you his dad? 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

So Europe next season is

4 in the CL

2 in the EL - 5th place + FA Cup winners

1 in the EC - EFL Cup winners

So if Man City/United win the EFL cup + finish top 4. 
6th place will get into the European Conference.

Looking at who else qualifies for the European Conference, you’d have to say whoever finish 6th in the PL should be winning that trophy.

Presumably if one of our teams wins the Europa League but finishes outside the top 5 then we don't get  a place in the Conference?

A further devaluation for the EFL Cup, especially for any of the top sides. Looks to be one of the most convoluted competitons ever imagined.