Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

so Carragher has just said Danny Ings is not elite striker like City or united but hes the best of the next group of teams, either he's saying Ings is better than Vardy or we are elite.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time analyzing that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Southampton showing how to play against Liverpool, showing them no respect and playing with a high press the Hassenhutl way!

The pace throughout was so intense Icouldn't believe they could keep it going right to the end. The Southampton defence was amazing the effort and determination they showed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

so Carragher has just said Danny Ings is not elite striker like City or united but hes the best of the next group of teams, either he's saying Ings is better than Vardy or we are elite.

I “think” he meant the next available striker who could move to one of those teams. I think Vardy at 33... no matter how incredible... won’t get that love now. 

I believe that was the, quite useless, point he was trying to make lol 

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

If Southampton press like that with that aggression... Well we are gonna be in for a potentially difficult watch. We’ve shrunken in the past in response to it. Hope we’ve learned. Fair play to the saints. 

Yes we really struggle against teams who press is hard. Think it will be a toss up when we play them.

we got found out against Southampton last season by putting too many bodies forward at 1-1 looking for the win, similar circumstances this season, we take the point and move on, show them the respect they deserve, if we can score 2 we win the game I think.

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Email him for clarification 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

The league is nuts this season and I love it! Though starting to get a sneaking feeling, that Man Utd might be jammy enough to actually be a very serious contender.... Yikey. Still a mad competitive league is good stuff.

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Like us in the title year, nothing After 38 games is jammy...I Don t like Club manchester particularly, but some fans & pundits are eating humble pie,

like it or Not Manutd have been playing Good watches Football since end of November...

The way the season is going, will not be surprised to see Burnley beat (or draw with) Man Utd tomorrow.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

That is in no way pathetic. That is a manager who is passionately involved with his team and wanted that win for his players who had worked their socks off.

Personally it is for me. There has to be a line of authority in that role as manager. If you welling up the moment of gaining a win to get 5th in the table, it will be played on 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally it is for me. There has to be a line of authority in that role as manager. If you welling up the moment of gaining a win to get 5th in the table, it will be played on 

We will agree to disagree.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, casablancas said:

If Southampton press like that with that aggression... Well we are gonna be in for a potentially difficult watch. We’ve shrunken in the past in response to it. Hope we’ve learned. Fair play to the saints. 

We have played very well against the high press the majority of this season, but it will be a huge test. I can't help but feel that 9-0 humiliation will make Southampton always strive to do us a little bit more so than your average opponent. Would be a huge marker if we can pick up 4-6 points from our next 2 league games.

On paper our next 9 league games look very tough but they are the sorts of opponents we won't have to face a low block on and can counter attack and press ourselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hmmm... Liverpool desperate for a CB.

Burnley have money to invest now.

Tarkowski has 18 months left on his contract...

I'm sure Burnley understand Tarkowski's value drops with every window that passes. The problem is that if he is not replaced Burnley could easily be relegated. Burnley will need to use their newfound money very well as CB's are not the easiest to replace.

I do agree though that he would fill the bill quite nicely at L'pool.