Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

It's time for us to step up imo. We could win this league if we put our minds to it and try our hardest. Lets go put 4 past Chelsea.

I agree, we've got a few tough games coming up in the league ; Chelsea, Everton, Leeds, (Fulham),villa etc. if we can get a few positive results in those games then I think thats when some of the players will start to believe in this. It starts against Chelsea on Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

It's time for us to step up imo. We could win this league if we put our minds to it and try our hardest. Lets go put 4 past Chelsea.

Because we're only putting in 75% effort at the moment? lol

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Do you not think we’ve been trying our hardest lol

It has been a weird season and will continue to be weird. We’d be well clear at the top if we had won some of the games we should have won. Mind you, we’ve also won some games we probably wouldn’t have expected to. If we won it again it would be Leicester capitalise on Covid chaos. If Utd win it we will all have to hear how incredibly they’ve done in difficult circumstances. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

The next two will go along way to telling us where we are going.  We could just as easily lose the next two against Chelsea and Everton as we could win them.  Win them both and I think for me it will be a case of sitting up and thinking its really on again. But if we lost them both we would drop to 6th in all probability.  Its weird 

Crazy times as you say it’s a mental league this season 

Both managers putting a brave face on it, saying their teams played really well, there are lots of positives blah blah blah...

The truth is both teams were bang average and fans of all the other sides in the ‘title mix’ (and that includes us) will be far more encouraged by that performance than those of Liverpool or Man United.

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

I think we will throw in a stinking run somewhere where we lose 3 on the spin and that'll be it for title talk.

Another tilt at the top 4 is very much on though.

Oh we absolutely will. Villa, Arsenal & Brighton in February. 

I dont trust this team in a title race. 

Edited by Koke

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Both managers putting a brave face on it, saying their teams played really well, there are lots of positives blah blah blah...

The truth is both teams were bang average and fans of all the other sides in the ‘title mix’ (and that includes us) will be far more encouraged by that performance than those of Liverpool or Man United.

I only watched bits and pieces of the first half. But Pool were pinging it about and looking slick. The issue is the holy trinity up top of having a bad run. 

Nah I’m quietly confident we’re starting to show we’ve learned lessons from last time. We will be there until the end and will have a major impact on who wins the title (if it isn’t us).

might just place that bet now on foxes being outside contenders.

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we want it enough we can win it it's wide open

If we genuinely think we have a shot (of even making top 4) we need to bring in some reinforcements. It’s as simple as that. Not learning from last season would just show us that we are happy just to be in around it but don’t truly think we can push on. 

All the big clubs push on at a moment like this. We are a few squad additions away as 1/2 players out will mean we drop points, no matter the opposition. 

Milik, edouard, Thauvin are all available ... all would improve us. 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, Lambert09 said:

If we genuinely think we have a shot (of even making top 4) we need to bring in some reinforcements. It’s as simple as that. Not learning from last season would just show us that we are happy just to be in around it but don’t truly think we can push on. 

All the big clubs push on at a moment like this. We are a few squad additions away as 1/2 players our will mean we drop points, no matter the opposition 

I can't see us bringing anyone in I think we have enough goals in the team even if we did suffer a injury or two someone can step in and provide the goals defensively we are looking strong and the midfield is as good as any in the league.. 

You may have a point but I don't know where we could improve really 

24 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I say that because some games we just look off. Maybe its not through lack of trying but you must give 110% to win a title. Look at 15/16 they ran till they couldn't run no more.

This is definetely a factor. The willingness of every single player in that title winning 11 was what got us through them games towards the end.

Now suddenly games like Fulham will mean so much more and that will focus them.

In a weird way its going to be much easier this season i think to win the league.  I think anything over 80 points this year does it.  But then on the flip side I think it'll be harder this season to get top 4.  You may need as many as 70 this season if ppg continues as it has done so far.  

• Like 1