Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought they went above us on GD with that point, my mistake.

Either way I don't expect them to stay below us, so the more points dropped the better.

Then a draw is the best result.  Either team wins = 3pts won by a rival, 3 points lost, draw = 2 points won by rivals, 4 points lost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought they went above us on GD with that point, my mistake.

Either way I don't expect them to stay below us, so the more points dropped the better.

Fair enough. But a Leicester fan belittling the Europa League! WTF

The longer we are kept out of the title race talk the better, as long as we keep picking up the results, what anyone says is irrelevant, top 4 is the prize, even that won't be secured by anyone the way its going until about 5 games from the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Anyone remember the other week, we had like 5 minutes coverage after our win before Man Utd played or something? Now sky have 50 minutes until the next game, how can they talk for 50 minutes about that shite lol 

You not a regular Sky viewer? They practice on a regular basis and can talk sh1te about the top teams for hours.... :D

It would appear Liverpool are suffering with what Manchester City were inflicted by last season - a boredom of creating and scoring the easy or ugly goal.

A lot of the approach play was intricate and pretty today, but there was very little thrust or threat in any attack.

What chances they were willing to try and take tended to be through the idea of scoring the perfect looking goal. 

Yet, a fair proportion of goals are scored from imperfect play; missed tackles, knock downs and quick changes of possession - and this was a method of scoring that United locked much more capable of than Liverpool.

What this result means for us is difficult to tell - I think we’d be better off simply concentrating on what we can do rather than others, for maintaining our own momentum in such a competitive league alongside the additional stresses and strains that have and will come with this Covid inflicted season will be no mean feat.

But we can at least take solace from this game that going forward, we are a much more exciting side that can and will score the ugly goal as well as the net blasters.

• Like 2

You can see why a lot of neutral fans are backing Leicester when you have the media driven narrative fawning over man red, man blue and Liverpool. Whilst I don’t personally think we will be able to stay near the top, it seems we do owe the decent, proper supporter another chance at giving the plastic and media a big FU, so here’s hoping 🤞

• Like 1