Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Probably explains why he's been more aggressive than usual with the media.

People never know what is going on behind the closed doors of sport.

I thought this as well upon hearing about that. He'll have been carrying this for months, knowing she was in her final days but that he was more than likely never going to be able to see her in person again. And now he won't even be able to be there and lay to rest the person that raised him and gave him the life he's lead.

It's very easy to separate folks in the football bubble from basic human emotion and instincts, and the flat reality is grief changes a person.

Won't lie, I regret hopping on the hivemind train of putting his prickly attitude in recent months down simply to the pressure of the job with his team's form drying up.

Poor bloke. :cry:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

one things for sure, we are going to get the most determined liverpool side at the weekend. They are going to want to do it for him, we could be in for a thumping

Let’s be honest, we usually are with them. Sometimes timing is a sod. However, in this case I can’t help but feel for Klopp. It comes to us all sooner or later, but it’s never easy. 

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Let’s be honest, we usually are with them. Sometimes timing is a sod. However, in this case I can’t help but feel for Klopp. It comes to us all sooner or later, but it’s never easy. 

of course, I have sympathy for anyone in that situation. Does it excuse his rudeness over the season? Not for me. Most people handle these situations with a bit of grace. He doesnt know what the reporters he shouts are going through.  

I feel many will give him a free pass for his actions, but its just general manners imo 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

of course, I have sympathy for anyone in that situation. Does it excuse his rudeness over the season? Not for me. Most people handle these situations with a bit of grace. He doesnt know what the reporters he shouts are going through.  

I feel many will give him a free pass for his actions, but its just general manners imo 

I think there is a difference between excusing it and explaining it.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Perhaps was a bit doom monger-y but I think we're probably only a Tielemans or Maddison injury away from a collapse again. We've got at least 18 games left this season and I'd expect it to be more like 20 or 22+ with a bit of a threadbare squad.

Know what you mean. However we've now got Wilf and Vards back, and at some point Castagne and Praet are back in the mix. 

I think it should be made a law that if you mention how good Man City's form is - now 15 games unbeaten - you need to mention the caveat they had a 10 (?) day break at the start of the year while everyone else was slugging it out cramming games in... 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

No it doesn’t and I didn’t suggest it did. There is absolutely no reason for rudeness whatsoever - so fuch off. 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think it should be made a law that if you mention how good Man City's form is - now 15 games unbeaten - you need to mention the caveat they had a 10 (?) day break at the start of the year while everyone else was slugging it out cramming games in... 

apparently they didn’t like Klopp making that comment and complained to Liverpool’s hierarchy. Most likely cos there was some truth to it 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Next six games

Chelsea

Man Utd

Wolves

West Brom

Villa

Brighton

If ASM and Almiron can carry them during that period they might just scrape together enough points to not have to worry about the teams behind them.

But if they don't then it's perfectly feasible they get nothing out of those six games and are suddenly dragged in to a bottom 3 candidate.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

What have palace been doing to their players, that is ridiculous! lol

To be fair McArthur, Tomkins, Ward and Sakho have no right to still be functioning at this level lol so i'm not too surprised by that given the current scheduling!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Liverpool about 12th worst overall and moaning the most about players out.

3 of those 5 are their first choice CBs though tbf. 

If you had Fofana/Evans/Soyuncu all injured you'd be moaning about it too. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I remember a game this season where our back 5 was made up of a winger, 3 full backs and one 19 year CB, and we won 4-1(?) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They have been unlucky in the sense that all their injuries have been in one position but their fans quickly lose any sympathy by the way they go on about it constantly

36 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We have already been through it thanks, and their wasn’t much moaning 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2