Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

JJ in the 30+ category :cry:

This page https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/first-team/

says two weeks. I don't know if anyone knows yet, but Brendan said it doesn't seem that bad, and there was a tweet that said our medical staff don't think it's serious. I guess we'll find out today, but the signs so far are pretty positive.

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

To be fair McArthur, Tomkins, Ward and Sakho have no right to still be functioning at this level lol so i'm not too surprised by that given the current scheduling!

Also, Whickham and McCarthy seem to have been permanently crocked for about 8 years.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Watching Wolves v Soton in the FA Cup and Wolves have turned into the most boring Premier League side to watch ithese days. 

I've been a very complementary towards Wolves in the last few seasons, i've found them very exciting and entertaining team to watch but I have to agree what you've just said, i'm not sure what's changed for them either as I thought the same early in the season even when they had Jimenez so it's not a case that they've changed into a boring team just because they've lost him to injury.

I hadn't considered until recently the impact of the loss of Jota, but even so.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Watching Wolves v Soton in the FA Cup and Wolves have turned into the most boring Premier League side to watch ithese days. 

Knew it would be. They kept advertising it yesterday as "that'll be a great tie" but I thought the opposite.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Some sick people out there. As there's anonymity online, I don't know how this can ever be eradicated though. Maybe a better system for taking down highly reported comments, with a quarentine placed on the comment or post until it can be verified to be made with good / non malicious intentions, with accounts with more followers having their comments reviewed first in these cases to avoid silencing people based on false mass reports. It's tough to police, but I know twitter have thousands of people that's job is exactly that, trying to remove things that break their rules.

Personally stay away from Twitter myself due to the amount of shite on there. 

43 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Some sick people out there. As there's anonymity online, I don't know how this can ever be eradicated though. Maybe a better system for taking down highly reported comments, with a quarentine placed on the comment or post until it can be verified to be made with good / non malicious intentions, with accounts with more followers having their comments reviewed first in these cases to avoid silencing people based on false mass reports. It's tough to police, but I know twitter have thousands of people that's job is exactly that, trying to remove things that break their rules.

It's non entities wanting to be noticed by someone / anyone that's achieved something. 

They are totally irrelevant and should be locked away without access to a keyboard 

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Remove the anonymity, only way to stop such behaviour. I do get this does not serve the social media companies though.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tylesta said:

The mike dean situation is just plain and utter sick, at the end of the day he is doing is job!!! Making death threats against his family and him is disgusting.

End of the day we are all human we make mistakes everyday ffs

Just saw this from the EFL regarding this kind of thing: https://www.efl.com/news/2021/february/english-footballs-open-letter-to-social-media/

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
Wrong link

2 hours ago, tylesta said:

The mike dean situation is just plain and utter sick, at the end of the day he is doing is job!!! Making death threats against his family and him is disgusting.

End of the day we are all human we make mistakes everyday ffs

Can you imagine just quite how small your penis must be to do something like that? X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Some reports that Emiliano Martinez is trying to make himself eligible for England, apparently Martinez has applied for ciztenship and maybe able qualify via that. Apparently he's not the first to attempt both Mikel Arteta and Manuel Almunia both tried this and were turned down. I always assumed to qualify for any country to play for you need some sort of family connections like granparents or something being from their. Saying that though I'm sure the Republic Of Ireland have snuck a few in without having proper heritage. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Some reports that Emiliano Martinez is trying to make himself eligible for England, apparently Martinez has applied for ciztenship and maybe able qualify via that. Apparently he's not the first to attempt both Mikel Arteta and Manuel Almunia both tried this and were turned down. I always assumed to qualify for any country to play for you need some sort of family connections like granparents or something being from their. Saying that though I'm sure the Republic Of Ireland have snuck a few in without having proper heritage. 

I thought citizenship was enough. Isn't that how Diego Costa did it? Anyway if he does manage to do it I have no issue. He would compete in a position that England lack quality.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nah, there's plenty, Diego Costa being a famous example. No Spanish family, just moved there to play, and got citizenship. Didn't even move as a kid and grow up there, was an adult when he got there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm pretty sure citizenship is enough. People only use their grandparents' nationality because they don't have citizenship themselves, I presume.

• Like 1

Qatar have been doing it for years, they played Australia in World Cup qualifying and I’m sure about half their squad were Brazilians.

They’ve had a process of finding decent players who have next to no chance of playing international football for Brazil, giving them citizenship and then playing them in games.

I’m really not a fan of this, for me to play for a country you need to have either a family link or you moved there before the age of 16 and learnt your trade there. 

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Qatar have been doing it for years, they played Australia in World Cup qualifying and I’m sure about half their squad were Brazilians.

They’ve had a process of finding decent players who have next to no chance of playing international football for Brazil, giving them citizenship and then playing them in games.

I’m really not a fan of this, for me to play for a country you need to have either a family link or you moved there before the age of 16 and learnt your trade there. 

I think when it's an odd one you hardly notice it, or in some case don't care. I remember a Brazilian called Santos playing for Japan a few years back after playing there for years. Just looked odd seeing this tall black guy line up with 10 Japanese men. Costa was obviously between two big countries so it got a bit of attention but again, it's just one player. It's rare for a top quality player to not get called up anyway so the option doesn't come up that often. I agree where it becomes, an issue is when countries like Qatar start harvesting players to improve their team. Its just bending the rules. Definitely needs tightening up on. I don't think people like Martinez should be prevented from getting citizenship to play for England, but large number of playerd clearly brought over to a country to fill the team shouldn't be allowed.

• Like 1