Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, howie said:

Arsenal's home game against benfica has been switched to Athens :giggle: 

we play them 3 days after so hopefully the travelling can knacker them

They're playing in Rome, not Athens.

Man Utd to play in Juventus' stadium for their game against Real Sociedad.

10 minutes ago, howie said:

The away tie is in Rome, their home leg is in Athens :dunno:

Last I heard Juventus and their stadium were in Turin...

Edit: To clarify, Man U plays in Turin first leg.

Edited by lnkstern

51 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Given our model, of which buying rough diamonds is becoming a significant part, I think it's essential that any manager we look at in the near future must be one who is very good at developing players.

Would Thomas Frank be worth a punt?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, howie said:

Correct. We were talking about Arsenal v Benfica. One game is in Rome the other leg is in Athens. Makes a lot of sense :ph34r:

Yes, corrected my post.  I am apparently unable to follow a conversation.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, howie said:

Arsenal's home game against benfica has been switched to Athens :giggle: 

we play them 3 days after so hopefully the travelling can knacker them

13 hours ago, howie said:

Correct. We were talking about Arsenal v Benfica. One game is in Rome the other leg is in Athens. Makes a lot of sense :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea going to Bucharest instead of Madrid for their tie with Atletico in a couple of weeks time 

This all sounds absurd.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Thoughts on this then? The man is regularly tested and is in a controlled environment. 

Guess the counter argument is Salah’s brother’s infamous wedding and the fact it would be one rule for the rich etc ...

Yeah the travelling around different countries for games is ridiculous. Obviously countries don't want to be seen to making exemptions to travel rules for sports, but surely common sense would allow it to happen with regular testing, bubbles on their visits etc. The clubs are having contact with the same people whether they are in Madrid, Athens or Budapest surely? 

The only concern i can thin off is teams staying in hotels etc but surely that is manageable? 

I wonder if we'd try and use Leuven if situation arose in future rounds? 

Can definitely see them trying to get through another round and maybe trying to have a similar end to last years tournaments. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah the travelling around different countries for games is ridiculous. Obviously countries don't want to be seen to making exemptions to travel rules for sports, but surely common sense would allow it to happen with regular testing, bubbles on their visits etc. The clubs are having contact with the same people whether they are in Madrid, Athens or Budapest surely? 

The only concern i can thin off is teams staying in hotels etc but surely that is manageable? 

I wonder if we'd try and use Leuven if situation arose in future rounds? 

Can definitely see them trying to get through another round and maybe trying to have a similar end to last years tournaments. 

The stupid thing about this is, surely there is a way to make every game a neutral so no one gains an advantage

Therefore, just play one leg and reduce fixture congestion for everyone?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Simonb said:

The stupid thing about this is, surely there is a way to make every game a neutral so no one gains an advantage

Therefore, just play one leg and reduce fixture congestion for everyone?

Sorry mate, it's about making sure that TV money makes it from the broadcasters' accounts into UEFA's.

The competition, and the impact on the teams involved, is secondary.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Sorry mate, it's about making sure that TV money makes it from the broadcasters' accounts into UEFA's.

The competition, and the impact on the teams involved, is secondary.

Yea I know that, but it's just stupid... governments shouldn't allow it ... managed to change it all around last year to be played in a week, so surely they can just reduce to one game a month

I get it though, money talks

On 24/07/2020 at 15:35, Stadt said:

I think we’ll be closer to bottom. That’s not outrageous doom mongering, I just think we won’t be able to add to our squad in a way we would have hoped pre covid. We’ll have extra games and we look really leggy currently, it’s not as if the players are going to come back completely rejuvenated like they would over a regular preseason.

We’ll be better than our current form because we have so many missing but I think mid table and possibly lower mid table is more realistic next season, all things considered.

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

:ph34r:

Perhaps was a bit doom monger-y but I think we're probably only a Tielemans or Maddison injury away from a collapse again. We've got at least 18 games left this season and I'd expect it to be more like 20 or 22+ with a bit of a threadbare squad.