Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

33 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think Derby should be okay though I'm surprised Cocu is still in the job, thought they would have changed during the international break.

He thinks that Cuco has done a lot of good in terms of getting rid of big earners, bringing through academy players and devloping a style of play, they just can't score. I reckon they could go. There doesn't seem to be an obvious replacement for him available either. I think a lot depends on their supposed takeover. 

1 hour ago, Tinman said:

Had to go. Just wasn't working.
Credit to him though the way he conducted himself was dignified to the end.

He was given a rotten deck of cards to use, with a huge amount of off field issues which weren't his fault but ultimately results did for him and, as you say Tinman, was always dignified, as I can testify in my media dealings with him. Was well liked by people I know inside the club.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah just realised that, Mark Hughes maybe? he's surely set for a return at some point.

Rooney is favourite according to bookies but that was always gonna happen, they've spoken of him as manager since he joined.

Howe is 8/1 which might be a good shout.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

In all seriousness, why would Eddie Howe go to Derby? He left Bournemouth having just been relegated to the Championship. I could only see it happening if the takeover goes ahead and he's promised good backing. 

I thought he'd left Bournemouth because he's taken them as far as he could.

If takeover goes ahead and they get a bit of money, attracting players to Derby is probably easier than attracting them to Bournemouth was.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I thought he'd left Bournemouth because he's taken them as far as he could.

If takeover goes ahead and they get a bit of money, attracting players to Derby is probably easier than attracting them to Bournemouth was.

The issue is, they have serious problems at Derby, particularly upfront. Derby fan I know is genuinely excited when they play Waghorn upfront!

• Haha 1

Not sure about their training facilities, as know nothing about it, but managing Derby would be an attractive proposition - big fan base, decent ground, but under-achieving.

Shame that Mel Morris messed quite a few things up whilst being in control of them.

-

Remember when East Midlands Today and Forest fans got excited when the Kuwaiti businessman Fawaz took over as Forest owner, with him promising big success at the club - but look how his tenure there panned out...

I'd be cautious if I were a Rams fan, with a billionaire takeover of their club seemingly imminent.

Edited by Wymsey

Just now, Wymsey said:

Not sure about their training facilities, a know nothing about it, but managing would be an attractive proposition - big fan base, decent ground, under-achieving.

Shame that Mel Morris messed quite a few things up whilst being in control of them.

-

Remember when East Midlands Today and Forest fans got excited when the Kuwaiti businessman Fawaz took over as Forest owner, with him promising big success at the club - but look how his tenure there panned out...

I'd be cautious if I were a Rams fan, with a billionaire takeover of their club seemingly imminent.

On the flipside we had a billionaire takeover and that certainly delivered big success, though it didn't happen overnight. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure about their training facilities, as know nothing about it, but managing Derby would be an attractive proposition - big fan base, decent ground, but under-achieving.

-

Facilities-wise it’s really not a bad set up. Kind of like our belvoir drive one but with more space and more ground. Factor in a 30,000+ seat stadium with room for expansion, like you say, they are an attractive club for buyers who may want to shoot for the premier league riches.

E5D6F3DA-1226-4563-893D-ED52BBED190F.jpeg

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

-

I was taking a look over on ltlf not long after fawaz took over. There was a new poster on there warning them that it wasn’t going to end well, they seemed to know quite a bit of what was going on behind the scenes. Seemed like fawaz was the idiot son and the family bought notts to keep him away from the the family business. Pretty much all he said came to pass but he was hounded off the site by fans refusing to believe it. 

That post someone copied above from rams talk reminded me of it. 

• Like 1