Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swiss_tony

What do we need?

Looking at the stats, it's clear we need more goalscorers and more goal creators. Our defensive stats are solid

vardy has more goals than the next 3 highest scorers (perez, barnes, and maddison) combined.

tieleman has the same number of goals as chilwell and ricardo, how is that possible for our most expensive signing ever??

I don't want to hear the 'we were found out' excuse for the second half of the season meltdown.

A manager earns his corn by out thinking the opposition. We're not a kick and rush team, we played some great attacking football in the first 19 games, now we just don't, we're not quick,  we're not incisive, we're not creating enough space. it isn't as simplistic as 'the other teams have closed off the space for vardy to  run into', as if we play championship level hoofball.

I was on the fence with Perez at the start of the season, but now at the end of it he is a major disappointment, and not worth  the money we paid.

Maddison, if he's not sold needs to up his game, so does tielemans.

What we seem to miss is a link player in midfield that can up  the gears, we seem to slow down attacks now, not speed them up.

we have two  reasonably good 'stoppers' in choudrey and wilf who can't pass.

we have two underperforming attacking mids in tielemans and maddison who can't tackle, and rarely score.

if we play tiele and mad with just wilf, we lack cover, if we play wilf with  mendy or choudrey, and just have one creative attacker and we don't create chances.

i think praet is the link man but brendan won't play him, he's the right combo of tackling and accurate passing. We look much better balanced with him on the pitch. If not him, somebody like him.

Barnes is young so i'll cut him some slack, but outside of vardy our shots to goals ratio is woeful. The number of shots we have that don't turn into goals is incredible.

As far as wingers go, perez is just useless, and albrighton tried hard but i  think he's past his best, we need another quality wide player.

i've heard like everyone, we're in for cantwell and lallana, are they a step up, i don't know, but we need to splash  the cash in the midfield and attacking areas before next season or we will be mid table.

Edited by Swiss_tony

Some cvnts to take games by the scruff of their neck. Some game-changers and consistent players.

Strikers and wingers. Defensively and for midfielders I think we're sound in that it's not a huge priority.

Vardy won't be able to play every single game and we do need more options on top of Iheanacho and Perez that support Vardy. 

We have a young squad in some parts apart from our core (Kasper, Evans, Vardy) and we'll perhaps need more experience for some games given the extra games and short turn-arounds next season.

It worries me that Brendan likes a 'small squad'. I know we wouldn't want our squad to be too bloated but if we want to take EL seriously on top of PL and FA Cup, we have to fill out the squad more.

Passion and Fight (Foxes Never Quit?? Fearless?? Yeah, right, ...)

Corners that actually offer a threat

Fewer unforced defensive errors

A couple of new Wingers who can beat players and cross with precision

A big ‘Plan B’ centre forward to cross to

More shots on target

Ricardo fit and healthy

... and most importantly (but only when the time is right)....Fans

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Some cvnts to take games by the scruff of their neck. Some game-changers and consistent players.

Strikers and wingers. Defensively and for midfielders I think we're sound in that it's not a huge priority.

Vardy won't be able to play every single game and we do need more options on top of Iheanacho and Perez that support Vardy. 

We have a young squad in some parts apart from our core (Kasper, Evans, Vardy) and we'll perhaps need more experience for some games given the extra games and short turn-arounds next season.

It worries me that Brendan likes a 'small squad'. I know we wouldn't want our squad to be too bloated but if we want to take EL seriously on top of PL and FA Cup, we have to fill out the squad more.

I like small squads and think it’s good for team spirit. The difference being our squad has players way past their prime Or not good enough in it.

We are the 4th highest scorers in the league and Chelsea scored only 2 more goals than us.

I’d say we need more goals from our wide players but also we need to create more, we seem to just pass, pass, pass, pass.

You couldn’t buy much better strikers on our budget than Vardy and Ian, if he went to a palace type team And played every week he’d get 15-20 goals. We could Do with a plan B tall striker and I think we generally need more Height in the team, a tall bastard centre back like Huth type player would be good

• Like 1