Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jamal Lewis

44 minutes ago, TommyK said:

I'd actually be happy with this guy. Premiership experience. Good on the ball. Enough ability there to hopefully improve. 

The thing is we are in a position where we need to improve to sustain European football. Do we have the time to wait for someone to improve who isn’t a back up? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Pure guesswork, but there are probably a minimum of 100 left backs scattered across Europe valued at 15m or less better than this boy

How hard can it be?

Maybe if those left backs are in their 30s or in the last year of their contracts.

£20m would be a bit too much in my humble opinion. 

If we can bring it down a bit I'd be behind this. Would definitely point towards Castagne/Justin as RBs and Lewis/Thomas as LBs, then Pereira further up the field on return. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we can bring it down a bit I'd be behind this. Would definitely point towards Castagne/Justin as RBs and Lewis/Thomas as LBs, then Pereira further up the field on return. 

Would rather spend a little more and try and get Gosens, Tagliafico or Reguilon, if possible

• Like 3

The link to Gosens yesterday and Lewis today suggests the club have added Castagne to the squad and not as a direct replacement for Chilwell. A left back is very much still on the agenda.

There is obviously a concern that one of the real big boys, Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc. Will come in for Riccy at some point, so prepping for his departure with the Castagne signing is only sensible. We are quite luck that the real big clubs in England have their RB position nailed down! 

I get the feeling that next year, is the year we lose Riccy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The link to Gosens yesterday and Lewis today suggests the club have added Castagne to the squad and not as a direct replacement for Chilwell. A left back is very much still on the agenda.

There is obviously a concern that one of the real big boys, Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc. Will come in for Riccy at some point, so prepping for his departure with the Castagne signing is only sensible. We are quite luck that the real big clubs in England have their RB position nailed down! 

I’m afraid your right. Unless we somehow qualify for champions league then there’s no chance that Ricky p will stay beyond this season when he knows he can get paid double the amount and slip straight into the starting lineup of an elite club.

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers says he wants more creativity in our ranks, which would suggest he'll sign at least one new winger. I'd be surprised if he signed just defenders as a solution to our lack if creativity. I don't think we'll bother signing a left back now Castagne is coming, not this summer anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He's our No 2!..

Riccy don't lose that number!

• Haha 1