Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas Contract Extended

Excellent news. Happy for him. 

Came in to deputise when football was shit and made other players look like amateurs. 

I hope he continues to develop well and would be good to see him in and around the first team if the occasion fits. 

• Like 4

Excellent news! He was in the last year of his contract.

It was only a few games, but in his first team apps, he was so far above the level I would have expected of an academy teenager. I think he could have a great future here. I've read that the club rate him very highly - perhaps higher than Chilwell, and I can believe that based on what I've seen.

Would be good to get him out on loan in the Championship, but this could be a season when he might benefit from staying with us.

• Like 2

Excellent news, was very impressed with him in his few games after the restart. Didn't look overawed at the step up in level, calm and put in some great crosses.

Difficult decision on a loan, could he benefit from regular Championship match experience or given our intense fixture list, do we keep him and he gets experience at a higher level but more limited appearances.

Edited by FoyleFox

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

**** the idea of sending him out on loan. He’s good enough to feature for us already. Training with better players and playing in 10-15 games for us next season in European, Cup and League games is a better option than a year on loan in the Championship. 

Agree with this. He'll get more out of cup games, Europa league games and training day in/out with our first team than a loan. See the cases of Foden, Saka, Gilmour, Brandon Williams, Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliott elsewhere in the Prem.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell can’t shut the club up at the minute! What is going on? Way to much information coming out of them.

See. This is what £70 upfront gets.

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell can’t shut the club up at the minute! What is going on? Way to much information coming out of them.

Perhaps a smokescreen to cover the fact that there are no new players coming in...

39 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The first team players have been very impressed with him in training. He even got a round of applause after one match. 

He's one of our own. Hope he gets more slack than our previous left back. 

That'll depend on whether or not he develops a tendancy to dribble the ball out of play for no reason whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’m honestly so excited for him. I liked Chilwell and I love seeing players come from our academy. We should be proud of what we produced. But it always means so much more when they’re actually from Leicester. Heskey, Pipes, Harvey and Hamza - each of them one of our own. And now Luke. As someone who grew up in Syston too it feels extra special to me.

I can’t wait to see him develop and get into the team. 

I never knew he was born in Syston. I'm assuming he moved away years ago? He's a bit younger than me but I've never heard of any lads from round here mention him or talk about knowing him.

54 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

**** the idea of sending him out on loan. He’s good enough to feature for us already. Training with better players and playing in 10-15 games for us next season in European, Cup and League games is a better option than a year on loan in the Championship. 

Yeah surely the reason why we've decided to sell Chilwell is because Rodgers thinks he's ready for game time now. We do need a more senior player to start, but Thomas should be playing the sort of games you've mentioned. Selling Chilwell actually opens up the route for him to get to the first team and could improve the team in the short term if we bring in an experienced player in their prime like Tagliafico. 

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, it could be either genius or madness!