Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom (A) - 13/09/2020 - Match Thread

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Comms have no idea, twisting the Rodgers quote. He was asked if we had the squad to challenge the top 4, not whether we can compete in league and europe.

Hmm. I thought the question was do you have the squad to compete in 4 competitions 

Is Harvey Barnes actually Jeff Schlupp?

Is James Justin really Ryan McGivern?

Is Dennis Praet Gareth Williams??

And is Brendan Rodgers the coaching mentor once sacked by Claude Puel for being too insipid and uninspiring?

Got better, bit of quality and we win this. Maddison the difference from the bench hopefully.

Perez offered nothing, Vardy the same as always unless he gets in behind, midfield grew into the game, Justin struggling at left back.

Not great but not disastrous either. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

You can see why teams use left-footed left backs.  That said, Justin is more secure than Thomas currently.  

We're missing N'didi in midfield.

Perhaps we need a new right winger.  It is not Perez's position.   

We are probably the better team though.

• Like 1

I thought Praet made some nice touches and runs, he’s certainly the one making those forward runs, no easy when you have to get back in position when we lose possession. The guys playing well and on the whole other than a few shaky moments at the back we’ve looked the better team.

11 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Justin is annoying me by not taking the ball on. He has space but stops and plays back. He hasn't committed any men and just puts pressure on his team mates. It's cowardly play and he needs to strap his balls back on. 

Perfect replacement for Chilwell then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

BR can go tomorrow for all I care, we’re no better now than we were under Puel, it’s just BR isn’t french so isn’t a victim of racially motivated criticism on FT. 

Maybe mix in some water between your drinks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have control of the game, and Tielemans and Soyuncu look a class above. But it's a bit of the classic Leicester city story from the last 3-4 years; we control the game but aren't good at turning that control into goals. This game once again shows that other than Vardy, we don't have enough players who know how to put the ball into the back of the net.

Still not the worst display I've seen. Wilf after a couple of poor passes even looks fairly assured at the back. JJ looks like a man who is going to get sent off though, I would put Fuchs on for the second half personally.

Really hope we can get all three points in the second half.

Same old story. Missed chances. Vardy not in the game. Sloppiness at the back. Slow ponderous build up. Giving lousy opposition too much respect. Perez a bad joke.

Just wondering who is going to make the mistake that gifts West Brom the goal that wins the game.